Made a reservation over the memorial day weekend to get away, was attracted to the website and hoping for a nice relaxing time.
Upon entering the lobby to ck in the receptionist did not even bother to welcome us and asked us to wait, she was busy doing something else. While we stood there and waiting she attended to other guests who were walking up to the desk (after we arrived ) to pay for day passes to the pool area. She continued to do so for 20 minutes finally, I told he how much longer was she expecting us to wait since we already had a reservation.
She then handed us 2 sets of keys and told she couldn't register us at this time and just to go to the room. Alarm bells were going of in my hand but to give this hotel a chance I continued thinking I would give them the benefit. This hotel has a central gate that you have to unlock with the keys she gave us. None of the keys she gave us worked so another guest was walking pass the gate and I asked her to open the gate, since I had my bags and it would be easier for me to just go to the room first then sort out the gates later.
Finally I get to the room 210 and try to open the door and only to find there was another guest already in the room. That was the final straw and did if for me, I went back to reception and demanded a refund. She fave us a key that did not open the central gate and sent us to a room that was already occupied.
The receptionist did not even apologize, this was the worst experience ever. We were hungry tired and appalled by the horrible service this hotel provides. We then went up the street to their sister hotel up the street and had a wonderful meal in their restaurant, where Kym our waitress was kind enough to apologize on their behalf. She suggested we consider coming back to the sister hotel but after this experience not to sure
I normally do not post this blogs but after what we went through I do not recommend anyone going there. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA - California Desert