My family used to visit this hotel back in the 80's. I had long forgotten about it until while suffering with back and sholder problems a family member reminded me that my parents found the waters very healing. I felt a little uneasy booking after reading the reviews. but went ahead and booked anyway. I am so glad I did. Yes, the rooms are a little outdated, but the room was very large and was very clean. Sliding doors to a private patio leading to the pool area was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is a good family restaurant with reasonable prices. The pools are old, but the varing of temperatures of the waters in the 8 pools gives every one a choice for comfort. I found the water very healing. I felt great during my stay as well as for days afterward. We went mid-week and found a light crowd and minimal noise. I felt so good that we returned 3 weeks later for another soak and stay. It appears that improvements to the property are being made as we observed work in progress during both stays. If you are looking to go first class, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a clean, family friendly resort with wonderful waters this hotel fits the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA - California Desert