years ago we went for a week. the rooms were not great but the water in the pools was warm and clean mineral water for good joint and pain relief. the food was decent for the price. the staff was overworked as their were understaffed so bad service was not their fault really. Recently went back knowing it was not the best but the water was the draw for us. OMG what a terrible waste of our money that we saved for this trip. The faucet leaked, the toilet was tricky to flush.
We went to the store to get cleaning supplies to clean the room. the floor in the bathroom had hair on it. The people next door to us told us at the pool they had bugs.The very old televisons were still there with very few channels and a bad remote.Oh yes the refrig did not keep cold. The patio furniture did not match and was missing several of the plastic straps you sit on. The screen door was completely off track my husband spend time on it twice and got it better. Now after cleaning we decided to make the best of it...the beautiful little brochure on the desk reminded us of the wonderful "miracle water" and we again prepared ourselves for our special trip. The water advertised was a lie. The main pool advertised even in the room as 87 or 86( should look it up) was soo cold. we asked the maintenance guys who were there as well as the desk staff...they dont do that anymore. Worse the smell of chlorine in every spa and especially in the main pool. This is advertised as aquaifer water that they cool off. Now they tell us it they dont pay to heat it anymore. one family at the pool said it used to be aquaifer water that was cooled down so they did not heat they were told it is city water with chlorine and then mixed with aquaifer and heated which costs them so that is a budget cut ...so that did not match. the miracle water image at all. In the small spas... most yes most of the jets do not work and they just say yes that happens... we were there a week nothing was fixed. the service in the bar and restaurant is good at breakfast and very very slow at late lunch or dinner. the bartender guy and the main female waitress both have major attitude. they do not want to serve on the patio although it is set for service as it is challenging to spread everyone in and out for the servers. Room service is very bad as the same people had to leave for that including that mouthy bartender.. The place is run down, unclean everywhere including the forks on the table. The miracle waters donot exist. They are understaffed which may be why they are so mouthy.You are advised not to walk around off property as it is unsafe..as we drove around to try to find a decent restaurant we found it all to be very true. we drove to the next town for meals other than breakfast. Thank you tripadvisor for having this site...we are happy to help others. Forgot to mention heavy drinking and smoking cigars in the pools near the rooms at all hours permitted in their policy. someone took our lawn chairs left our gate open and we had to find them in the morning. Very very noisy. we were there late spring 2012
- Also Known As:
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs Hotel
- Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel is famous for its natural hot mineral water! So come for the day and use our eight natural hot mineral pools. A classic example of retro 60s architecture, the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel features fifty comfortable rooms wrapped around a large courtyard with towering palms and eight shimmering natural hot mineral spring pools open 24 hours. Spa-goers and sun worshipers come from far and wide to partake in the restful and relaxing atmosphere.Spas are nice, but natural mineral spring spas are paradise! We offer the desert’s most extensive and affordable spa therapies and beauty treatments in a fun, casual setting.You’ll also enjoy indoor and outdoor dining at the Sunshine Café, or sip your favorite beverage in the Sports Lounge or poolside while you sun and soak.And the Desert Hot Springs Spa is pet friendly! We also offer room service and wireless Internet for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.