“What a Gem in the Desert” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa

You added Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67425 Two Bunch Palms Trail, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240   |
Special Offer
Summer Breeze Package
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Newhall, California
“What a Gem in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I have taken many trips to Two Bunch throughout the years. We have never had less than an exemplary experience. The serene atmosphere is so refreshing and healing. The healing waters there are really to be experienced and your body will thank you for it. Their massage staff is excellent and knowledgable. I am looking forward to going again after the renovations to see the improvements the new owners are making.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private jacuzzis. All rooms are quiet and private.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rianna R, Director of Brand & Communication at Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We always appreciate any feedback from our return guests. The new ownership is dedicating funds and resources to ensure that loyal guests like you are rewarded with nothing less than a true wellness experience. Our Essense restaurant has just finished its first days of a soft opening and we hope you will return to try it soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Santa Barbara, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have always loved Two Bunch and our mini vacation there this month was just perfect. Danielle, the manager, corrected a situation I had with a massage so beautifully - the staff was extremely attentive and the new Spa director, Ken, has some terrific ideas for improvements in the coming months. I highly recommend Two Bunch after all these many years! Great cranial sacral work with Kyle!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aren't Danielle and Ken just fantastic? Danielle has literally grown up with the property since she was 18 and the guests just love her. Ken is the ideal director of Spa and Wellness with his experience in world class resorts, his fitness background and having been an ICU nurse and served in the military. And Kyle is the perfect representation of our team of world class healers.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO RECOGNIZE ALL OF THEM! Looking forward to meeting you on your return visit!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

.. For those of you new to Two Bunch Palms then its important to know that this place.. its really more about how to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. Two Bunch isnt to be confused with a 5 Star Resort.. and personally thats a good sign. The place isnt for those looking for an upbeat atmosphere with a ton of activities. The new owners will bring forth a fitness center, outdoor bars, meetings spaces and so forth yet if they go too far, you wont be able to experience what really can't be messed with.. that is.. the wind, bright sky, some silence and an old school environment.

On my recent visit though I did notice something "new" that was greatly appreciated. And that is the way their staff went out of their way to really take care of your needs vs "we are here for your needs. From the Security Gate folks at the e front desk .. we were moved through their arrival process very swiftly... .. In past times, the check in process was a bit time consuming and clunky..

They will be going through a great deal of renovations over the next few years.. and Im sure in the long run.. those that are looking for a "nicer looking" place will be able to get that and for those that just want to decompress and lay low.. can still receive it. This is a truly a very unique environment when it comes to just wanting to get a way.

PS: The food selections are a bit limited unless you wont to spend too much money at Two Bunch Palms. Word has it there will be a greater selection and hopefully at some better pricing. If not, then (at list for us) will continue spending most of our food and beverage money in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: If you want a bit more quiet, the further away your are from the grotto, the quieter it normally get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review - which is a perfect example of why we are moving towards 'enhancing' the property and fulfilling its potential as a sanctuary for wellness. We will be posting updates on our facebook page and photos as we progress. Rest assured, we are committed to preserving the uniqueness and magic of this property.
tarzana ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Grounds are to die for, green lush, romantic and beautiful. Don't miss feeding the ducks, turtles and fish at the lake. The dining is limited and overpriced. We stayed in a suite it was comfortable. Bed was perfect, living room set dated and bulky, doesn't fit the total feel of the place.
Staff very friendly and helpful. We came for treatments and left very disappointed. The couples treatment pool was out of order. Instead we booked mud bath only to have it get canceled on us do to a problem with them. I guess we were out of luck in that department.
As for thee Grotto it's waters really are magical, unfortunately the pools could use updating.
Yes it is expensive, but we will return because it was as stated before magical.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerensh, good news! We are in the process of updating and would love for you to return to try our new restaurant, the updated grotto, the yoga dome, and the fitness room. These are all preliminary phases of a major renovation that is intended to make it worth every one's while!

Please come back to soak in the waters and have a duo watsu or mud. Thank you for taking time to give us this feedback!
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have been going to this spa for 22 years and watched it go through ups and downs. The new owners get what this wonderful resort is about; if you want to relax your mind and body, be treated well, relax in a spa robe, eat healthy yet really good food, enjoy the services of a first class spa without attitude, soak in healing and quiet mineral waters, kick back without taking too much luggage and know and love TBP: I SAY GO!!!!!!!! You will not be sorry. You will come home feeling rejuvenated and mentally ready to face the fast pace of today's world. I would not hesitate to send friends or patients just to refresh. The staff is ready and eager to help your stay and I feel sure your experience will be a positive one. Dr. SK

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom suite; my preference. Try for one that is near the 'grotto'. The room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherri, thank you for your response. We can't wait for your return so you experience all the improvements we've made in the short time since your last visit!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My dear friend refers to Two Bunch as "quirky". That descriptor captures the flavor of the place. There are aspects of the resort that are not quite excellent, but those are the material aspects of the place. If that is what you are "paying" for you may be disappointed. The value is spending hours soaking in the healing waters in the grotto, disconnecting from the world, experiencing the transformative nature of the many healing treatments available (highly recommend the mud bath!).

The waters are magical. After about 30 minutes floating something switches off, time doesn't matter, the mind quiets, the heart opens. Something about the mineral content of the waters seems to have physical benefits as well. We floated for up to 4 hours at a time ( a total of 11 hours in a 46 hour visit): creaky joints became flexible, aching fingers disappeared and our skin hydrated. After all that time in water, there was no wrinkly skin as there is after a bath. I did not need to use moisturizer the entire time I was there and not for several days after.

Downsides: service is spotty, but when brought to the attention of management, there is quick repair and compensation; food is mediocre; rooms inconsistent.

That said, I plan to go there as I am able. The benefits of Two Bunch far exceed the downsides.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SingingTrees,

What a wonderful way to describe what separates us from other wellness resorts. However, spotty service and mediocre food is never acceptable... which is why we continue to address these issues. Our new Essense Restaurant with farm to table cuisine and the new management team will wow you on your next visit.

As for the waters, our Artesian waters come from our own well that is hotter and rich in lithium - unique to the property and acclaimed worldwide for its mineral content.

As for our trees by the mud baths - ask our healers about them next time :-)

Thank you for recognizing the essence of the place!
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. I came here for a much needed last minute getaway, and unfortunately was a bit too hasty in booking this place without doing my usual in depth research. I booked it based on the pictures on their website, the hot springs and the other recent TripAdvisor reviews (although, now that I look closer it seems like all of the glowing reviews have been made by people who have no other reviews to their name - something that is always a red flag for me).

First of all, this place is way overpriced for what you get. Everything is expensive but not because it is intrinsically worth it but rather they need the money coming in to keep the lights on.

This time of year the resorts in the area are dirt cheap because it's so hot. I could have stayed at The Parker, The Viceroy or La Quinta Resort for the same or less than I paid for this place.

The pictures of the rooms on their website looked nothing like the room I got. It had not been updated since the 70s. The room was along the lines of a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express, maybe even worse. No luxury whatsoever, or even rustic charm, for that matter! Even the coffee setup was Farmer Bros., which only the cheapo motels use! The only things that had been updated were the comforter and the flat screen TV, and honestly, I don't understand what the big deal with flatscreen TVs is. I think the picture quality is awful on most of them, including this one.

I stayed two nights and housekeeping never showed up.

I will give the grounds 5 stars because the setting is beautiful and very peaceful, and I can see how many people overlook all of the not so great qualities of this place for that reason. However, the grotto needs an overhaul too as I felt like an alligator in some rundown zoo with that dated, ugly, blue pool paint all over it. And speaking of the grotto, I was also very disappointed that no one was adhering to the don't talk above a whisper rule. People were talking loudly the whole time and also left their plastic cups all over the place. And none of the employees seemed to care to enforce this rule. Not very relaxing for someone trying to get away from it all!

The "resort" itself has a sad, desperate quality to it. The employees seemed like they either didn't want to be there or were almost apologizing for the way the place was.

I didn't bother eating at the restaurant, as it was as expensive as the top LA restaurants yet looked like the golf course clubhouse at my dad's retirement community in Florida, but I did have an overpriced, mediocre $14 glass of wine there from some winery I'd never heard of. And they know they have you trapped because the town of Desert Hot Springs is a total dump. Your only other options are fast food places, Vons or hole in the wall Mexican restaurants, unless you drive into Palm Springs.

My spa treatment (that I paid almost $200 for) was subpar, especially for how expensive it was. The spa prices are on par with places like the Four Seasons but they're definitely not worth those prices at Two Bunch. The spa itself was a creepy, dark dungeon with cheap slipcovers over the sofas and the showers were like something out of a prison. Granted, their product lines are good, so I'll give them that. However, the product once you get into the room is doled out to the technicians in tiny, plastic ramekins or sample jars, which makes me think management or the owners are super stingy with their product (another cost-cutting method the new owners have employed. After all, they are producers and their job is to cut corners and costs!).

My technician was really nice but not very experienced, which makes me think they don't really have any formal training for their employees to make sure their standards are up to par. The service was something I could have done to myself for much cheaper. The massage was more just like rubbing cream on me and the mini facial was a total joke. There was supposed to be a scalp treatment but I didn't get it. Plus, I was left with mask on my face after the treatment. Luckily I went into the bathroom immediately afterward so I could wash off my face.

It's sad because you can tell this place was probably really amazing at one time, and hopefully someday it'll be again, but until then, I'm going to stay on the other side of the 10.

2 stars for the rooms
5 stars for the grounds (except for the gross, giant cockroaches that come out at night and for the creepy ducks, turtles and fish who are like LA panhandlers, begging for food every time you walk by the pond)
5 stars for Elia who taught the Qigong class
0 stars for the rude guests who refused to be quiet

Room Tip: Make sure to look at the room beforehand. Ask for an updated room (if they even have any).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desert Hot Springs
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#13 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
3.5 of 5 stars 614 reviews
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Water Spa
Aqua Soleil Hotel & Mineral Wate...
#12 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
The Spring  Resort & Spa
The Spring Resort & Spa
#4 of 25 in Desert Hot Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 399 reviews

Been to Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!