“ok for a stop off en route to Vegas” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Delano
Birmingham, England
“ok for a stop off en route to Vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Adequate for a night en route somewhere else. Pleasant staff, just off highway 99, roughly halfway between SF and Vegas.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Folsom, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

I reserved a suite way in advance and was made to pay 1 extra guest, as I was planning on meeting my daughter and her children there for a total of 4 guests. My daughter had to cancel with me for that weekend because she works at a hospital and they changed her hours. I called ten days in advance to see about rescheduling our reservation and Holiday Inn Express management refused to allow me to reschedule my stay because I had made an advance pay online reservation. They said if I had made the reservation by phone intead of online, it could be changed. I went ahead and kept the reservation for 10/31 and took a friend with me. A suite? Not hardly. There were towels for two when I had paid for four people. The room that they called a suite and charged me a suite price for, was small, a long skinny room in bad repair and not very clean. The phone on the night stand had loose dirt like potting soil in the receiver and did not work. The television remote was missing the piece that holds the batteries in, the desk leg was splintered and damaged, and the walls were in bad repair. I was very embarrased after telling my friend that we would be staying in a suite. The people that worked the desk were very pleasant and apologetic. I later called corporate headquarters and complained, but was never offered any compensation or any more that a thank you for reporting it. They have lost a good customer.

• Stayed October 2009
lankfordGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
I can assure you, your next visit with us will be comforting. In the beginning of 2010 all our suites have been modified and upgraded. I have taken over management of this Hotel and have made a lot of changes already.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Good Hotel. Clean spacious rooms. Quiet and it even had a good shower. My wife & I were driving from Northern California to San Diego and wanted a place to stop about half way. There are a lot of hotels to choose from, and as you know many of them are not really too good. This place was more than satisfactory. Friendly staff. The only negative is the usual “free breakfast”. Like cardboard. But we didn’t come for the breakfast. Played golf nearby.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review, and I'll have you know we have an entire new breakfast menu ranging from bananas, apples, fruit, fresh cold breakfast to fresh hot breakfast such as scrambled eggs, hot cakes bacon sausage links and patties, ham, biscuits and gravy and even our new fiesta egg omelette. I am confident you will be satisfied with our new menu on your next visit with us.
twentynine palms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

Made a reservation with this place and was not made aware of a "cancelation time". The only reason I was canceling was due to the weather(we were drivng from 5hrs. away). I was told that I would have to pay for the room anyways which was 120.00. I explained the situation and that the person (whom is a sueprvisor) I made the rexervation with did not tell me that disclaimer. I was called a liar from the manager whom is Harold yeah he is rude and I will never make reservations again...Who has money to dish out during this holiday season? HOW RUDE

Stayed December 2008
We are under new management and staff, I can assure you, you will not be disappointed in your next visit with us. Our hotel today is striving to become the valleys number one hotel since taking over new management, so come back and visit us again and I promise you will see a huge difference in our staff and management team.
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed here on our way back to LA after leaving Sequoia National Park. It was late when we got to the hotel, but we got a super nice room (called "2 queen beds suite with sofa room"). The room was huge and had a small frig, microwave, coffee maker, and bar with sink. It took a little while for the room to get cool, probably as a result of its size. The bathroom was nice and clean. Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast bar, but plenty of good things to eat. We heard a train at some point, but it didn't disturb us at all while sleeping. The hotel has easy access to Highway 99. Some of the areas we passed on Hwy. 99 on the way to Delano had a bad smell, but we did not smell it in Delano.

• Liked — The huge, comfy room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We honor and cherish each guest that comes through our doors.
So California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

Pretty Nice Hotel there isnt alot in Delano, but I liked this hotel it has a small microwave and, small fridge, it was clean and even the water pressure was good. Thought it was good that the windows were able to be opened, I always feel closed in when staying at hotel where they limit how far you can open the window. It is more money they the surrounding hotels but worth it to feel comfortable in.

• Liked — the amenities in the room, and the fact that it was very clean
  • Disliked — the price is a little high
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Azusa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

After researching Delano hotels, I chose Holiday Inn Express, which was a great choice. This hotel is very clean, the staff is friendly, and is way worth the money. There was a great little breakfast offered each morning, with waffles and hot cinnamon rolls, and the room was very modern and nice. The beds were awesome, and the linens were great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very impressed.

• Liked — clean, modern room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99? Share your experiences!