“Best place to stay in Delano with Excellent Internet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Delano
Fresno CA
“Best place to stay in Delano with Excellent Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights while working in Delano. Hotel is clean, friendly staff. I would stay here again for one main reason-excellent internet connection. Great internet speed of over 10 Mbs (no fee), thats great service if you have to work from your computer. Holiday Inn hotels seem to understand that most of their customers during the week are business travelers that need fast reliable and free Internet. Thank YOU. I would stay here anytime. Delano does not have much to offer but there were few restaurants (mostly fast food) and grocery stores near by. Hotel is close to the highway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kingsteignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well worth a stopover from LA to Kings Canyon. Delightful staff at check in and out. Brilliant room with a great bed, very good breakfast with plenty of choice. Pool was very warm and the deck area was clean and comfortable. Business center was free and easy to use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
A75Om, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for you review, here at the Holiday Inn Express in Delano we take our reviews seriously and have been working hard day by day to provide our guest with an excellent experience that they can remember.
Dana Point, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just stayed one night at this freeway adjacent property. the rooms were clean and comfortable. Just as I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. I thought the price was a little high for the location. Overall expreience was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed one night when travelling between Sequoia NP and Death Valley (great location for this purposes - not far from Sequoia NP (i.e. it is not hard to travel hear after the whole day in park) and comfortable distance from Death Valley (i.e. it is not hard to travel in Death Valley early mirning and to have the whole day in Death Valley). Great and very comfortable hotel for its price, free wi-fi, diverse breakfast (including fruits and yogurts).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Ok for a single night stay but I've been in many better holiday inn Express's. I am sitting in a better one while I type.

Room was standard Holiday inn. Bed was comfy, room was clean, and it was everything a holiday inn express is.

The negatives:
There was no weights in the work out room.
The water pressue in the shower/tub was terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Delano Hwy 99, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sacnvr2l8,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our gym less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a funeral in Delano, CA. It seemed clean upon check in but when I arrived to my room it became a whole different story! As I set my laptop down on the desk and turned the light on, I noticed the lamp shade had some dark red stains! Then, I looked over to the curtains (desk was near window) and it also had dark red stains. As I looked closer, the stains appeared to be dried blood. I quickly took out my iPhone, took pics of the stains, and walked over to the front desk. I told the employee that it appeared that someone had been injured in my room as there were blood stains everywhere. She looked at the pictures and said she would notify the housekeeping staff in the AM as the hotel was fully booked. No denial on the blood stains so I assume there had been some sort of altercation in the room. It was so difficult to sleep that night as I had so desperately wanted 9 am to come (when housekeeping arrived) so I could switch rooms! The next day when a room became available a nice gentlemen had knocked on my door to show me a room that had recently been cleaned. He took the time to show me the new room and made sure I was 100% satisfied. The room was definitely better and I appreciated his concern. You can't really expect too much from a Holiday Inn so I gave this hotel three stars for the following reasons: --Complimentary breakfast (cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, bagels, toast, coffee, apple, orange, and passion fruit juices).
-Complimentary wireless internet in room.
-Fridge and microwave in room.
-Laundry on site (second floor, $1.50)
-Comfortable beds.
-Flat screen TV.

There aren't many options in Delano but this hotel is probably one of the better ones. Had I not seen the stains, I would've said this hotel was just a little bit above average.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Ok, if you must stay in Delano.....This is a good choice. For the money, you get a clean comfortabe room with a great bathroom and shower. The TV's need to be upgraded to hanging flat screens to free up some counter space, but the rooms always seemed clean with no oders. The beds and coverings are nice and I slept well. They do have an adequate pool and hot tub outside. They also have breakfast,starting pretty early, powdered eggs and sausage and such. I think I stayed there the better part of three weeks off and on in Aug. and would totally stay again if I had the good (or miss) fortune of being sent to the area to work. The staff was friendly and helpful, and always looked tidy and put-together. Also there is a pizza place accross the parking lot with a quality feeling bar attached to it where I sang kareoke on Wed. nights!!!! You won't leave there feeling dissapointed or neglected. Thumbs up, fo sho.

Room Tip: I like upstairs myself. The cars and work trucks back right up to your window on the first.....