“E -TICKET” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2231 Girard Street, Delano, CA 93215 (Formerly Coachmans Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Delano
Crestline, California
“E -TICKET”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently had a buisness trip that was in Delano, Ca. I had not travelled there for sometime. Had never stayed overnight there. I booked a room for one night for my husband myself and our eight year old daughter. There are a total of 5 hotels in which to choose. Un-Sure of the location, I booked a room at the Americas Best Value Inn. Having travelled and stayed with this hotel before in a different location. I thought it would be O.K. just for one night. Not the case. There was A. No Buisness center, Cruicial if you are there on Buisness, and do not have your tablet. Which I did not. B . The Bath Tub was Frightening, C. there are no elevators. D. They are renovating, un -safe for those traveling with Children.E. Very Rude Staff, which will check you out with or without your knowledge. Scary Stuff !!!! Scenic4U

Room Tip: Choose the first floor, there are no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Flagstaff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife & I spent last night at this place because we were REALLY tired. The following are the positive aspects of the room. The room was less than $60.00. The sheets were only stained in one place between the pillows(we covered it with a towel). The left panel of the curtain was not torn. There were only three cigarette burns in the blanket. Part of one of the doors to the TV closet was still hanging on. Some of the coat of paint on the bathtub was still there. The AC worked. The hallway and stairwell had some areas that were not beat up and scarred. We were too tired to head down the road and find a better place. As we left, to firm the memory up, a vehicle outside the front door of the place had been decorated with puke. However, the conditions in the room provided serious motivation for us to get up early and get on with the trip. Someday I will forgive myself for getting my wife and me into this experience. I will never, never stay at a America's Best Value Inn again.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aalo_Corp, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We'd like to offer our deepest apologies for your discomfort due to staying with us, we've taken your comments into account and have moved forward in making the appropriate changes to make stays for future guests more enjoyable. We'd hope you'll give us another chance to show you better service in the future.

Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for nearly 2 months because of a job that I was working there, AND, because I'm a smoker, the rooms at the end of the hotel are for smokers only. These rooms are furnished with horrible furniture that is falling apart and has been written on (inside AND out...insane). While the rate was within reason, if you're a smoker and want decent accommodations, I would keep looking. They even made sure that the sheets, blankets and bed covers were from previous smokers who had burned them. I'm sure they used all of these thrift store furnishings in the event that a smoker torched the place so no big loss. The hilarious part is that the owner/manager is a smoker himself. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, smoke outside to get one of the nicer rooms with the good furniture and high...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I'd like to offer our apologies for the poor service you received. However, I'd like to assure you that improvements have been made since your stay to our smoking and non-smoking rooms in order to assure that all of our customers are satisfied. We'd also like the chance to show you a better stay if the opportunity arises and you need a place to stay in our town once more.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is an older motel which has been nicely renovated with upscale decor. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, like the staff. Although our room was a little small, it was very clean and, best of all, had a two-poster bed that was extremely comfortable. It's located next to the freeway but we had the fan on "low" and heard no freeway noise.
A continental breakfast is included for an incredible price that I could hardly believe (almost half of what the Holiday Inn Express across the street was charging).

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
abvilasvegas, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and positive experience with other travelers. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with your accommodations, our convenient location, the friendly staff and our deluxe breakfast. We look forward to your return visit where we can further extend our hospitality.
Mohamed
sac
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

I never thought I would write a review period, on any hotel good or bad. But, this experience changed my mind. Our stay didn't last over forty minutes tops. The hotel smells. We were so tired that we thought we could just ignore it and sleep for a few hours before we got on the road again. Big mistake. This hotel really has an aweful smell, including the bedding. The doors and walls are incredibly dirty, room is falling apart and just filthy. When the heat didn't work and we couldn't open the window to air out the room ,due to no screen, we were done. Front desk offered two other rooms, because we were exausted we checked them out, the two other rooms were no different, probably worse. Front desk stated we couldn't have a refund because our room was "dirty. " The bedding was undone and we had opened a bar of soap, that is all. He would not work with us stating that he was not the manager and could not give a refund. He also sprayed air freshener in the room thinking that would mask the odor. We were told to call later to speak to the manager, we did. Apparently he was not available and has yet to return our call. This hotel is nasty and we believe the man behind the counter was truely the manager. We paid $55 dollars for a few aweful minutes. I really could care less about the money but the front desks dishonesty and this hotels condition is really embarassing and honestly disgusting. Had I been fully awake when we stopped the whole nightmare would have been avoided. Do your self a favor and stay in the hotel across the street, or better yet in your car!
**** I wish I had photos but obviously we were'nt there long enough...sorry

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The whole situation was terrible
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are highly apologetic for your dissatisfaction with our property. We'd like to extend our assurance that the property is no longer anything like what you experienced and that if you so chose to give us another opportunity to change your opinion of us, that you'd be very satisfied with the surroundings you find yourself in. In the future we hope you can consider our reformed selves once more.

Rabeyia Anwar

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!