“Great place at an excellent location!” 4 of 5 stars

Travel Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Cecil Avenue, Delano, CA 93215   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Delano
Delano, California
“Great place at an excellent location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed for one night, I went swimming, water was nice and enjoyable.
The room was large, air conditioning run excellent and the TV worked well.
The water in the shower was plentful and enjoyable.
The attendant was service was immediate!
I recommend this more affordable and a clean nice place to stay in Delano!

Room Tip: Great place to spend the night during business, it is close to the freeway but yet is not next to it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
La Mesa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The price is cheap but you get what you pay for. First time I stayed at this hotel one of the workers walked in my room while I was asleep. The last time I stayed there, there was a ROACH in my room. The rooms are NOT that nice, the furniture is run down, the refrigerator doesn't work sometimes you may get a room with a microwave or coffee pot. The people are nice but having roaches is NOT acceptable & is VERY NASTY.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Campbell, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This sad little motel was so shabby and run-down, and it was shockingly overpriced for a tiny town like this. There were very nice cars and trucks in the parking lot, though, which was reassuring. In the room, the carpet was worn and sticky, there were cigarette burn marks on every horizontal surface and the giant entertainment center had holes cut in the back that looked like they were cut with a hatchet, and held a TV much too small. There was a tiny refrigerator balanced on a rickety table, and after we moved the table and plugged it in, amazingly it worked! The TV did, too. The pluses: we got in very late (2 am), and the clerk, a young Latino, was very accommodating. We walked up to the office to request more towels, and he brought them to our room within minutes. To our surprise and delight, the sheets under the shabby bedspread were snow-white and pristine. The bathroom showed its years, but was scrubbed and immaculate. Everything was incredibly clean, despite being worn and scarred. There was only one switch on the two lights over the bed, so we had to unscrew it and share it every time we wanted to turn them on or off, which was hilarious. The tiny coffeepot on the bathroom sink made excellent coffee. I couldn't recommend it, and I wouldn't stay there again (I'll spring for the twice-the-price Holiday Inn across the street), but the Travel Inn staff clearly works hard to clean and operate the place and their dedication shows.

Room Tip: They're all in a row, so it doesn't matter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The room was about 90 degrees when we first got in (1am), which turned out to be a good thing because the heat had killed the 100+ bugs (mostly termites) in the bathroom. The furniture is so damaged I can only assume what has gone on in the room. The lamp shades have plastic covers on them. My hubby is definitely in the dog house for picking this one.

• Stayed May 2012
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am a truck driver so I have stayed at a lot of rooms in a lot of places. Rooms are nice not great but nice and clean rates are good and the motel staff is great friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. Also if I was asked about a place to stay in Delano I would tell them to stay here

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stay there every two weeks and i also visit at the prison the guy that runs the motel knows this so i know thats not the reason. i have had nothing but great experiences there. i usually stay in one of the 8 rooms though. and i will continue going there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hands down the crappiest place I have ever slept, many a homelss people have found better sleeping areas beneath bridges and in back allies. This place was SO shabby and horrible I will give you a full account of my stay...because it is necessary to elaborate on how TERRIBLE this place is.

First, I made the mistake of taking my wife on a business trip and now owe her a lifetime's worth of apologizes for making her survive in this crap-hole.

We arrive at the steeming pile of roach dung around 5pm, we it doesn't look special but a lot of nice hotels don't look amazing from outside. I think nothing of it and step into the reception area. It is fairly clean and organized, things are looking up I think to myself. The gentleman behind the counter hands me a key and tells me my room number. I head to my first floor abode and press the door open only to be fought back by the stench of sweat, dank dirty carpet and goodness knows what.

The room is simple, though smelly. Nothing too shocking. My wife removes her shoes only to notice a short while later that her feet are sticking to the carpet and are brown-black with dirty and grime. She went to wash her feet off in the shower only to notice the shower curtain was red with mold and the bathtub didn't drain, leaving brown particles bubbling up from the pipes.

We left the confinces of this lovely room and picked up some chinese. When we got back we plopped down ont he bed (shoes on for safety) and started to eat. I reached over shortly thereafter to grab my drink and a coach roach scuttled around my cup. I subsequently lost my appetite and my faith in the hotel's management.

Knowing that this place was run by someone who obviously doens't give a hoot about it, I didn't bother asking for a refund and found another hotel.

I'm leaving out many details about the interesting stains all over the floor and couches, and you can only dream up crap-holes like this in scary movies, I'm not kidding. DO NOT STAY HERE, let me repeat....DO.....NOT.....STAY.....HERE! It is not worth $5/night.

One more tidbit. If you like sleep your screwed here, at 4-5am groups of migrant workers wake up and pile into vans shouting in Spanish all the while.

Good story for my grandkids....THIS PLACE SUCKS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!