“Rooms are nice people that work here are nicer” 4 of 5 stars

Travel Inn
405 Cecil Avenue, Delano, CA 93215   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Delano
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Rooms are nice people that work here are nicer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am a truck driver so I have stayed at a lot of rooms in a lot of places. Rooms are nice not great but nice and clean rates are good and the motel staff is great friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. Also if I was asked about a place to stay in Delano I would tell them to stay here

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stay there every two weeks and i also visit at the prison the guy that runs the motel knows this so i know thats not the reason. i have had nothing but great experiences there. i usually stay in one of the 8 rooms though. and i will continue going there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hands down the crappiest place I have ever slept, many a homelss people have found better sleeping areas beneath bridges and in back allies. This place was SO shabby and horrible I will give you a full account of my stay...because it is necessary to elaborate on how TERRIBLE this place is.

First, I made the mistake of taking my wife on a business trip and now owe her a lifetime's worth of apologizes for making her survive in this crap-hole.

We arrive at the steeming pile of roach dung around 5pm, we it doesn't look special but a lot of nice hotels don't look amazing from outside. I think nothing of it and step into the reception area. It is fairly clean and organized, things are looking up I think to myself. The gentleman behind the counter hands me a key and tells me my room number. I head to my first floor abode and press the door open only to be fought back by the stench of sweat, dank dirty carpet and goodness knows what.

The room is simple, though smelly. Nothing too shocking. My wife removes her shoes only to notice a short while later that her feet are sticking to the carpet and are brown-black with dirty and grime. She went to wash her feet off in the shower only to notice the shower curtain was red with mold and the bathtub didn't drain, leaving brown particles bubbling up from the pipes.

We left the confinces of this lovely room and picked up some chinese. When we got back we plopped down ont he bed (shoes on for safety) and started to eat. I reached over shortly thereafter to grab my drink and a coach roach scuttled around my cup. I subsequently lost my appetite and my faith in the hotel's management.

Knowing that this place was run by someone who obviously doens't give a hoot about it, I didn't bother asking for a refund and found another hotel.

I'm leaving out many details about the interesting stains all over the floor and couches, and you can only dream up crap-holes like this in scary movies, I'm not kidding. DO NOT STAY HERE, let me repeat....DO.....NOT.....STAY.....HERE! It is not worth $5/night.

One more tidbit. If you like sleep your screwed here, at 4-5am groups of migrant workers wake up and pile into vans shouting in Spanish all the while.

Good story for my grandkids....THIS PLACE SUCKS.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Redmond, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

If you like sleeping and bathing amongst cockroaches, then this is the hotel for you! We arrived at 7:30pm last night after driving 8+ hours from Zion National Park and were very tired. I called around and this was the best priced hotel ($50) and now we know why.

Upon walking into the room, it had a very unique odor. We ignored this, ordered a pizza, watched a movie, then fell asleep. Oh yeah and the sheets had major holes, towels ripped beyond usage, but this we could deal with.

Woke up at 12:30am to go to the bathroom...turned on the lights and the place was CRAWLING with cockroaches. All over our toiletries, walls, in the shower, etc. We packed up and went to the front desk to ask for our money back as no matter how inexpensive, nobody should be expected to sleep with a family of cockroaches.

The front desk employee, who we assume gave us a fake name (an Indian guy named Herman?) said they have never had this complaint before (yeah right!) and would not give us any reimbursement. He said why didn't you notice them before now? Gee, because they come out only at night when it's dark!

AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT at all costs! Spend the extra $20 to stay at a nearby hotel who hopefully doesn't have cockroaches.

Stayed December 2008
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

When I walked in the room it smelled terrable, there was no way you could open the windows, the carpet was wet , I had to ask for tolet paper, when I complained of the room and asked for another one, I could not get one. When I walked to the front of the motel to get ice, I noticed the draps open on all the front rooms about 8 of them, I could tell that most of them were empty,and they were beautiful, well at least like the comon motel room should look. I wouldn't mind staying there if I could get one of the 8 rooms I saw. I had a fiend stay there last weekend and the same thing happened to her.Her room smelled, the bed wasn't made up and the rug was damp. I was there as we visit at No. Kerns state prison every 2 weeks. I walked the bottom floor to see the rooms and it waas the same thing, only 2 of the 8 rooms was occupied, so my friend and I wonder if we are treatd like that because we visit the prison, or are all thier guests treated like that, If any one could tell me how to get one of those 8 nice rooms, I wouldn't mind staying there again, other than that I'd rather sleep in the car, it;s cleaner.

• Liked — it was close to where I had to go
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2006

I was totally surprized, the motel was sickning. the pool did not have a pump going or any clorine in it. the room was awful there were no plugs for hair dryer or anything else. you stick to the rug when you walk. the bathroom was supposed to be remodeled I guess and the floor had do it yourself tiles which lifted you up at least 4 inches when you walked into the bathroom.there was no window in the bathroom and there was hair in the shower. the head board on the bed was filthy. I had to go buy blankets and pillows even my grandchildren refused to sleep on the bedding.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!