“Puts Delano on the foodie map” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Delano
Cuisines: Mexican
burbank, ca
“Puts Delano on the foodie map”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm of Mexican heritage and I can truthfully say this place is one of the most authentic Mexican
joints I've experienced. Living in the Los Angeles area, it's not hard to find great Mexican cuisine, especially in the east side. Mi Nayarit matches some of the best I've tried. My wife swooned over the fish tacos...the fried fish providing a wonderful crunchy quality.
My chile relleno was topnotch, but there was enough cheese in the fresh chile without the need for more cheese on top. I would have preferred a sauce. The chili verde also scored well.
Love the interior of this place. Tables and chairs are a mishmash and pictures of Marilyn Monroe along with boxing posters cover the walls. Talk about eclectic. We tried this place both going to and coming from Sacramento. This is definitely our dining destination in future trips north.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carlsbad, California
“Beats a Jack in the Box! dinner :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went here for dinner instead of Jack in the Box, for more of the local flavor. I had a shrimp dish there -- forget what it was called -- but oh so good! :)

Visited June 2012
“Great food everything else was sub par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The food was wonderful and I could not have been happier.

It took well over an hour to get the good food and the chips and salsa were terrrible. They ran out of the beer we were drinking and at the end of the meal their credit card machines were not working forcing us to pay cash...

If you can put up with slow poor service the food is great. Next time I would do carry out!

Visited April 2012
N California
“Authentic Mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Latino friends recommended this place for its genuine Mexican food. The decor was nothing special, sort of a sports bar theme with boxing posters and neon beer signs, but the food was indeed excellent. Camarones (shrimp) is a specialty, with tasty but mild seasoning. I ordered a shrimp empanada ($4.50) which with the introductory chips & salsa made a full meal. At the other end of the table, friends were served with dramatically sizzling chicken fajitas. A wide variety of tacos included lengua (tongue) and cabeza (head meat). Service was prompt and cheerful. Just off Highway 99, this is a good place to stop on a road trip through the Central Valley.

• Visited January 2012