“A Deal in Delano” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Delano
Minnesota
“A Deal in Delano”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here on a Sunday night. It is easy to get to to, right off of Hwy 99. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a dirt lot for larger vehicles, which is handy. There are a couple restaurants nearby, nothing spectacular (Denny's and a local joint). The rooms are average, walls are thin and the beds are OK. Breakfast... eh, I grabbed a banana and hit the road. So, for the price it isn't too bad, don't expect anything fancy but it's better than others for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Creekguy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! We are happy to hear you describe our staff as "friendly and helpful." We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again down the road!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Haha...for one thing, I cannot for the life of me get a good night's sleep in most hotel rooms. It's been awhile. I actually got a good 9 hour sleep. Now, mind you, the walls ARE thin. I could hear a small child making small laughter with squeaking, but it was kept to a minimum. The next morning, I could hear the other room waking up, but I was already up anyway.

Ok...now for the negatives, but they're insignificant. My room faced Highway 99 and the railroad tracks. I did not hear any freeway noise nor any trains. But, I did hear the train horn around 7am on a Sunday morning. Just so you're aware, but I was up anyways. The bathroom setup is a bit awkward. As soon as you enter the room, the sink & mirror are right there...by the door. The shower/tub & toilet are in an enclosed room. If I had to nitpick, the complimentary breakfast wasn't that great. The room was small, so if you happen to be caught during a peak time, good luck to 'ya. There is a Jack in the Box and a Denny's just adjacent to the property and a couple of other places within walking distance.

You're probably thinking...why the 4-star rating? The fact that I got a good night's sleep. The beds were comfortable and the sheets felt luxurious. I liked how they give you 4 pillows, but I technically used only 2 of them. The room was spacious and it had a microwave and a refrigerator. I only used the refrigerator. It also had an iron/ironing board and enough room for me to do a small workout next to my bed. Check in/check out were both great.

Room Tip: I would have thought rooms facing the freeway/train tracks would be bad, but it didn't bother me...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear WillA858,

We are happy to hear that you were able to get a good night's sleep. We are also happy to hear you describe our beds as comfortable and our sheets as luxurious. We welcome you back to stay with us for another restful night whenever life brings you to Delano!
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped at 9:30 Monday 5/6/13. Did not want to spend as much as was requested but clerk, John, did his best to give me the best price he was at liberty to offer. His efforts were appreciated. I had trouble connecting with wifi. Again John worked to determine the difficulty and got me on-line. Night clerk, Andrea, was also pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear grandy79,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us! It was our pleasure having you stay with us! Feel free to drop by again and say hello whenever life brings you to Delano!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This Best Western is located just off of Hwy. 99, about a 45 minute drive north of Bakersfield. The hotel is clean and well-kept. They recently made improvements in the breakfast room; new appliances and a better variety of food/beverages. The food and utensil supply is kept filled and fresh. During check-out the desk clerk told me they will soon be remodeling the rooms, and the breakfast room will be expanded to a full buffet hot breakfast dining room. The pool, spa, and sauna are indoors and look well-maintained and clean, although I've never used them. The staff is courteous and will do everything possible to make the guest's stay a pleasant one. There are only two down-side items, although minor. My room shower water pressure is low; and during check-in I was told there is no password necessary for wi-fi in our rooms. That means no security for internet access. The hotel is is almost always quiet inside even when full, but there is a slight sound of freeway traffic. A good value.

Room Tip: I didn't use the fitness center. There is no elevator so if you have health issues, it would be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Shrimpy57,

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to write about your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you describe our hotel as "clean and well-kept" and our staff as "courteous." We hope to see you again whenever life brings you to Delano!
Henderson, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is clean and well-maintained. Our room was good-sized, with a refrigerator and microwave. The staff was accommodating, they were sold out of the standard non-smoking rooms, so the clerk gave us a discount on the non-smoking suite. Many local restaurants give a 10% discount on their prices when you show your room card.
A dirt lot on the highway side of the building provides large vehicle parking. Could be muddy in that area during rainy weather.

Room Tip: We liked the suite, it has a great sitting area with a ceiling fan. Normally we do not get suites...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Dannyandcindy,

Thank you for taking some time to write a review about your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you describe our property as "clean and well-maintained." We certainly enjoyed having you hear and we hope to see you again whenever you come to Delano!
Grover Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The rooms are very clean and spacious.My room was equiped with a microwave and small refrigerater. Free WiFi was available as well as a computer in the lobby. Very nice continental breakfast was included with the room. The hotel had an indoor swimming pool,hot tub and dry sauna.The location is walking distance to restaurants and shopping. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I highly recommend this hotel for the value and cleanliness.The only negative I encountered was the lack of an elevator.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear lori l,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are glad to hear that you describe our rooms as "very clean and spacious" and our staff as "very friendly and accommodating." Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again the next time life brings you to Delano!
Moses Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice hotel and staff. It was a pleaseant. We found the hotel early in the am sat after deciding not to stay in Bakersfield again. We booked the room at 7:30 am with the front desk and they let my brother-in-law eat from the cont breakfast offered the previous nights guests. Very nice!

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BWLibertyinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Kim S,

Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, breakfast, and staff! We hope to see you again down the road!

Been to BEST WESTERN Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!