“Dirty carpet with great location and modern bathroom” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar

You added Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014 (Formerly Stratford Inn of Del Mar)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Dirty carpet with great location and modern bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great location, but had a less than acceptable two nights here. First room offered had the "old person's home" smell with friendly staff that found a clean smelling room. But in light of day noticed stains and experienced a lack of follow through to clean dirty carpet. Most other rooms have had carpeting removed. Great remodeled bathroom.

Room Tip: Old property re-branded.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us. Please accept my sincere apology for not delivering the clean odor free room upon your arrival. I hope through my AGM personal apology on the next afternoon, my guest relations offering points to made up for our mistake to our personal email conversations regarding the issues will show you that we are truly dedicated to taking care of our guests and resolving any concerns. Our goal is to ensure our guests have a memorable and wonderful experience with us. I know we failed to deliver that experience for you during this past stay. Again we are very sorry. I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we are the great hotel you can count on. You have my contact information. Please let me know when you are in town next time. I will personally make sure you are well taken care of.

Warmest Wishes,
Man Lai Tam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Last year I gave this place the highest rating possible. This year I booked another reservation and pre-paid the entire stay. But when my dog got sick the day before, I called to cancel. The woman at the front desk offered her sympathy but said that because I had an advance purchase, I would forfeit the entire amount. She offered to let me speak with her general manager and transferred me to a phone line with voicemail. I called her back and said that no one picked up. She said that's because he was in a meeting. So she transferred me again and I left a detailed message asking if anything could be done. It's now 4.5 hours later and the manager has not returned my call. I went on to the website and tried the live chat feature. They said that if the front desk said I couldn't get my money back, then that was it. I find it terribly punitive that if you book in advance and pre-pay that you cannot get a refund. I guess my 13 year old dog shouldn't have gotten sick.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. First and utmost, please accept my sincere apology for not returning your call within a reasonable time period. We appreciate your feedback. As for the non-refundable reservations, you are absolutely correct in that the advance deposit are not refunded back if the reservation is cancelled. It is part of the agreement for taking advantage of the discount opportunities the hotel has to offer. We understand emergency situations happen, so we are always willing to accommodate by moving your advance purchased reservation to another future date. If we have not offer this solution, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to ensure you can utilize your advance purchased reservation in the near future. My email address is mtam@pacificahost.com. We hope you will remember the good times we had together and will give us another chance to take care of you and your loved ones.

Warmest Wishes,
Man Lai Tam
Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo Del Mar, and here are my thoughts:

Service: Overall, the customer service at the hotel was great. Checking in was easy and we were given a map of the property with suggested parking based on the location of our room. For lunch, we asked the front desk clerk for suggestions on a local place, and he gave us Prep Kitchen. He even went to far as to call the place to make sure we could be seated right away (since we were on a tight schedule) and then he gave us two vouchers for a free dessert. The only drawback was that the cleaning lady came at 10:40 am (checkout is at noon), so we had to send her away.

Room: We stayed in a king suite and it was fantastic. Beautiful décor on the inside and the room was actually very spacious. The bed was comfortable and they give you both regular and feather pillows. The room has a mini fridge, coffee maker, and a microwave. The bathroom was gorgeous with the biggest shower I’ve ever seen in a hotel (although there was no tub in ours, but that didn’t matter to us). And I really liked that they provide Aveda toiletries. They provide cable TV and there’s a decent A/C unit in the room.

Outside the room: Our room was right by the patio outside the lobby, which is beautifully decorated with plenty of outdoor seating (lounge areas, bar tables and stools, firepits) in case you wanted to host a party there. There are also two pools and a Jacuzzi.

Food: While we didn’t eat at the restaurant, I did check out the room service menu. The prices looked comparable to other places outside the hotel, so I didn’t think they marked it up too high. But I can’t speak to the quality of the food.

Spa: The spa was the highlight of my experience there. The spa has two separate bathrooms for men and women. In the women’s bathroom, there’s a very large showering area (handicap accessible), and locker room with 8 lockers, a sink area, and one large toilet area. Each locker comes equipped with a robe, towels, and slippers. They provide everything you need in terms of toiletries, including feminine hygiene products. Once you change into your robe, there is another interior waiting room and a tea bar that you can help yourself to (I tried their detox pomegranate tea, which was great). The actual massage I got was great. I really enjoyed the techniques my masseuse used, and she made sure that I was always comfortable and warm enough. After my massage, she gave me another cup of the detox tea. All in all, the spa is fantastic and even worth coming to even if you aren’t staying at the hotel.
………………...
I’d also like to say that my husband worked for a Marriott hotel for a while, so we frequently stayed at different Marriotts, and I have to say that I prefer the Hotel Indigo Del Mar over those hotels any day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your fabulous experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We are so happy to hear you and your husband had thoroughly enjoyed your experience during your recent visit. I have shared your comments with my team and they are thrill to learn you had a wonderful “babymoon”. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Please come back and visit us again in the very near future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fine hotel in a good but not spectacular location. Internet was quite painfully slow.

Won't rush to return but wouldn't be upset to stay again.

Stayed for three nights during the week. I stay in San Diego frequently for work and explore many different hotels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Man Lai T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We appreciate you for giving us a chance to host your stay during your business trips in Del Mar. Thank you for your feedback on our internet challenge. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bandwidth and access points throughout the hotel. We truly understand the importance of being productivity during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance in the future so we can show you we are the choice hotel every time you are in Del Mar.
Dickerson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights while in town on business. This was my first stay in a Hotel Indigo and I enjoyed it. I stay in a lot of Intercontinental Hotels on business, but hadn't been close to an Indigo before. They recognized my platinum status without prompting and upgraded me to a suite, which was pleasant. There are some road noises due to proximity to the major roads, but nothing to complain considering the location. Hotel restaurant was good, though there were no anchovies for the Caesar salad and the beer was only in bottles; the short ribs were good. Worth a stop and I'll try the Indigo brand again. As you can see, the management is responsive to reviews, which I've found to be the case with many of the Intercontinental brand ones.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We truly appreciate your loyalty to IHG and more importantly for keeping our brand strong. We are honored to be your first Hotel Indigo experience and we are happy to have made you a fan. I will definitely share your short rib enjoyment with my chef. He will be thrill to know guests are writing about his food. Thank you again for allowing us to be your first Indigo experience. We look forward to servicing you again in the very near future.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a recent trip to San Diego/LA. This was the best hotel my girlfriend and I stayed at over 4 days. Comfortable and cozy room with every amenity you could need. Free parking, wifi, fridge and microwave in room. Very nice area which is close to the highway and beaches. A short drive to Torrey Pines, La Jolla and San Diego. We used the business center a couple times to print out items. It's tucked away from the main building which could be inconvenient for some, but it was right by our room. Check in/out was quick and very cordial.

The bad:
The towels were thin and on the rough side. There was no bathmat.. Weird because most hotels at this star level have one. A bath towel was sacrificed instead lol.. There was some road noise as our room was on the street side, but it was quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We are honored to be “the best hotel” you and your girlfriend had stayed in during your recent visit to San Diego/ LA. I am glad to hear you were able to fully enjoy our amenities; great location, spacious rooms, great food and bar and our business center. I do apologize for the missing bathmat. I have tracked it down and ensure it is back to work. Thank you for being creative and appreciate your understanding. We look forward to servicing you and your girlfriend again the very near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo at least six times (20 nights) in the last year because our kids live nearby. It's comfortable, clean, well priced (outside of the summer horse racing season), has a great bar and food. It's become *the* place to stay when we're in SoCal. Great spa on grounds, too. Highly recommended for a relaxing time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hotel Indigo Del Mar with other Trip Advisor readers. We appreciate you for allowing us to be your choice hotel when you are visiting family in Del Mar. I am so glad to hear you were able to take full advantage of all of our services and amenities during your stay. Our Spa Na’Mara is a great hidden gem for all of our guests and locals. Please come and join us for happy hours on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you soon; maybe during the upcoming holidays…

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!