“Romantic Coastal Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Costa Mesa, California
“Romantic Coastal Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel always impresses me, every time I return for any type of stay. My last trip was for a business week long stay and I still loved every aspect of it. The staff are superior and always ready to accommodate ones needs and ever quirks. The food and drinks offered in the lobby by the fireplace are sure to complete your relaxation or uplift your spirits. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: If you don't mind spending a bit more, ask for a room on the ocean side, they are more quite.
Green Features: Recycling beans are available in every room, and water conserving hints placed all throughout the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Yes, I was robbed a 1 night stay at this beautiful getaway. My husband took me here to celebrate my Birthday as well as our 16 year anniversary, but due to an unexpected emergency we had to leave early. All in all we had the most romantic time ever. Views are amazing, rooms are clean, comfortable and cozy. The food at their restaurant was FABULOUS! The steak is a must, but you won't go wrong with the short ribs, they literally fall right off the bone. Service was top notch and I can't wait to go back. The L'Auberge will not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The ocean view was unsurpassed!
Everything about this Hotel is OUTSTANDING!
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone visiting the San Diego area
Great shopping and nightlife right across the street.
I can't wait to plan my next stay!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The L'Auberge is perfectly situated in the middle of the village of Del Mar - walk to restaurants, shopping and the beach! It is a beautiful property, the public areas are well planned, tastefully decorated and well maintained. Our room was great - we upgraded to a 3rd floor room with a balcony, fireplace, and view of the ocean + pool. Although the balcony was small, we still enjoyed sitting outside, relishing the ocean view and listening to some great live music from the outside bar below. The music was not too loud and it ended well before it might become a nuisance. The bathroom was a bit smallish but well supplied with amenities.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to an ocean view room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We loved this boutique property! My sister got married here. There are pretty views, it's right on the water and service was great.

The hotel is walking distance to cute shops and lots of dining. I would recommend more for a relaxing getaway or couples stay. Not super kid friendly. The hotel lobby had great live music and a hopping bar.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
LAubergeDelMar, Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your positive feedback about our location and most importantly service. We strive to create a unique, local, and memorable experience. We look forward to having you back at our seaside hotel.

Jefferson City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the L'Auberge Del Mar for a weekend business trip. The hotel is a great property with ocean sunsets. It is an easy 5 min walk to the beach. The rooms are very comfortable and staff is attentive. The food at breakfast was outstanding. I had the best omelette ever one morning. The house granola and yogurt was excellent also. The only downside is that the pool and deck are extremely small. It is also very noisy in the lobby at night and filled with non hotel guests. Overall, it is a very good property in a great part of Del Mar.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a view of the ocean. Also, if you face inward, you will have a great view...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am thrilled to hear of your utmost satisfaction with our sunset views, food, and attentive staff. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Del Mar.

Bonsall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

L'Auberge Del Mar is an expertly-run, detail-oriented, stylish, romantic, and convenient beach hotel in gorgeous Del Mar, San Diego, California. L'Auberge has everything a sophisticated traveler desires in getaway - helpful, attentive, and caring staff, beautiful bars with delicious and savory bar menus and fun specialized drinks, amazing views, fantastic food and gorgeous dining areas. The hotel has numerous options for dining or drinking indoors or outdoors for all types of travelers. My favorite is of course the Bleu Bar with a beautiful view of the ocean, a gorgeous water fall wall, and sexy gas fire pits. L'Auberge has an impeccable pool and sauna cared for by attentive staff who wait on your every desire. "Yes, I will have another Bikini Rita, thank you!" I spent two nights at L'Auberge with my best friend and we had an amazing time. Del Mar is my favorite beach city in the San Diego area, with a "neighborhood, down to earth, real people feel" that is so refreshing in Southern California. The lay out of the hotel is that of a resort - it is easy to get to know other guests soaking up the sun by the bar or the pool as well. I would recommend this hotel for adults and families alike. During my stay the children were all very well-behaved and adorable, just adding to the good vibes of L'Auberge. I cannot wait to go back, and will certainly bring my tennis racket next time!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor with a view of the ocean if you can.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I am very thrilled that our convenient seaside location was supported by our caring and attentive staff. At L’Auberge Del Mar, we strive to provide a truly unique, memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Been to L'Auberge Del Mar? Share your experiences!