“Great hotel in Del Mar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Del Mar
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great hotel in Del Mar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When we discover Del Mar and L'Auberge last year, we knew we wanted to come back and stay there.

The hotel is so nice, surely the best in Del Mar, close by the beach and so beautiful.
Our room was also really nice.

Only one bad things : it looked like the floor of the bathroom had not been clean. Of course, towels were cleans but there was hair on the floor and a dry contact lens. Also hair on the shower where you put the soap.

We arrived at 11 and the room was ready only at 4 so it had time to be perfectly clean I think.

Anyway, if I was going back to Del Mar, I would still stay at l'Auberge because I loved it but next time, I'll let them know...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location, good service except for check in (see below) and nice place, but overall, nothing to rave about, nothing to rush back to. Nice room, but nothing special.
We booked a king room, and got sent to a double. The front desk knew it, as I was walking back to the front desk they knew immediately why, before I even said anything. This left a sour note for the stay.
Why are the hallways like saunas every time you step out of the room or off the elevator. Why doesn't room service pick up trays of food left outside people's rooms for hours.

It was an OK stay, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ahhhh Romance. We want it . We NEED it. We are bombarded by it in film,online,music and it's promise is sweet.But just how much is it worth to ya" ? Well,according to the L'auberge Del Mar it's worth pretty penny. AND you better be bringing your own game because you are essentially paying for a beachy,pretty lobby,an undersized room with a peek of the ocean (wait-is that the ocean ?) and mediocre room service.On the other hand the parking is really expensive. Wait. I sound so mean. I'm not . I just would like the premium price to come with premium...something !
Now I am not saying this place was not pretty. And soft. And dreamy. Oh it was. The people that worked there were genuinely nice & quite courteous.The restaurant was FANTASTIC (and romantic) and the overall vibe is easy going . It's still on the beach prices for an off the beach hotel.
The suite was clean,attractive and had a little balcony. The bathroom/shower was fine. The Spa facility is serene and friendly. The grounds are attractive. If the overall package was AMAZING I would be telling you to go there-NOW ! But I cannot in good faith say it was worth the cost of admission. I will take my romance elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LAubergeDelMar, Resort Operations Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you found the resort romantic; however, I am disappointed to read that you did not find value in your experience. We run different specials throughout the year - including romance packages. It is my sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you for future romantic getaways.

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A lovely hotel in a very nice spot. More of a tourist hotel than a business one but all the same very nice with fantastic sunset views. Jimmy O's across the street is great for bar food and all the restaurants close by offer great food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LAubergeDelMar, Resort Operations Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback about L'Auberge Del Mar. I am pleased that you enjoyed the resort and agree that the susnset views are fantastic. I look forward to sharing many more sunsets with you upon your return visit to our seaside resort in the near future.

Salina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a very expensive property without anything that makes the price worth it. The room we had is very, very small with no view. The temperature in the room has been 70+ and we've been trying to get it cooler all evening. The staff is very unprofessional, we had to listen to the bartenders talk about another bartender that went on break too long, etc. etc. We checked in and had a man come into our room without knocking to check the bathroom. Just not that great of a property unless you just want to be close to the races and don't care about the cost.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding your experience with us. While I am pleased that you enjoyed staying near the races, I am disappointed to read that your stay was not a complete success. I apologize specifically for the service challenges at our living room bar and the unwelcome entrance that you shared. I can assure you that the experience you described is not to our standards and will be addressed internally. Our standard is to provide warm hospitable service at our seaside home and it is my sincere hope that you will return so that I can personally deliver this to you.

Kind Regards,

Boston, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here on a business trip and was very satisfied. The hotel is just gorgeous and the ambiance is low key and extremely relaxing particularly after working a 12 hour day! There are several areas to enjoy cocktails, the service was excellent and my room was just gorgeous. I look forward to another stay when visiting California.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LAubergeDelMar, Resort Operations Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that L’Auberge Del Mar provided a restful place to stay while traveling for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to San Diego.

Kind Regards,

Chesterfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here for one night as part of our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! The hotel is gorgeous. Our room was great with a patio area outside that had sunloungers too.

We didn't eat in the hotel but used the bar area in the evening and had a drink by the fire pit.

It was a shame that we could only stay one night as we loved it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LAubergeDelMar, Resort Operations Manager at L'Auberge Del Mar, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your honeymoon! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that L’Auberge Del Mar enhanced and contributed to your celebration. Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Resort Operations Manager

Been to L'Auberge Del Mar? Share your experiences!