“A Fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Californian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Bend, Oregon
“A Fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Paradise Grille and had a wonderful experience. There were 9 adults, an infant and a toddler eating at 4:00 pm. Our table in the courtyard was very comfortable. Our server, Tanya, was a true professional and was very attentive. The owner, Conner, made us feel like one of his family. Teddy, the bar manager, gave us recommendations on wine pairings that were excellent. The turkey dinner melted in our mouths. Everyone raved about the food. I'm not sure that I will be able to get my wife to prepare the traditional Thanksgiving dinner in the future. She and the family loved being spoiled and not having to clean up. We will return to this "paradise" often when we visit our children in Southern California.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clearlake, California
“Very pleasant dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I had a very pleasant experience at the Paradise Grille. Our party of four was seated outside in a very pleasant courtyard. The waiter was attentive and the food was very good. We had a wide range of entrees, and everything from the filet mignon to the burger had a nice presentation. I would definitely take my out of town company there again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I don't know what the other reviewers on are on, but I sure would like some of that. The service was terrible. Food was good, but our server was rude and ignored our dinner party. Don't go here if you want to have a pleasant dinner experience. Even McDonalds has better service than this snobby restaurant.

Encinitas
“Excellent food and bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Great food, location and ambiance..... Wold highly recommend a romantic evening out there. Take in a movie next door and take cocktails at the bar with the owner Connor afterwards.... We did and it was great.

San Diego
“consistent good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

I visited the Paradise grill last night and suddenly realised that I don't need to travel out of town to write a review!

I live locally and have visited this restaurant many times. It isn't dirt cheap, but the food has always been consistently good and service impeccable.

If I have one complaint, it is that the menu doesn't change and the two daily specials haven't appealed.

In anycase, there is always something good to choose. My favorites are the Julian apple salad with blue cheese starter, black mussel starter and the braised rib with mash main (I forget what it is called).

The most important thing to remember when visiting the Paradise is to ask for a table or booth in the bar area or outside by the fire pit. The main restaurant next to the front entrance is beautifully decorated but tends to be very noisy, often making conversation difficult. The bar area, on the other hand, is quieter and has a much better atmosphere.

The restaurant gets very busy once the Fairgrounds is in full swing for the season, so we always book.