“Sunset on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Poseidon Restaurant-On The Bch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Del Mar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: The Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar embodies the Southern California lifestyle, blending the ambiance of the beach scene with a relaxed and informal dining atmosphere.
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
“Sunset on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We love this restaurant and bar. The food is excellent, service friendly, everyone enjoys working here.
You can't beat the view, Brunch, dinner, cocktails, a perfect place for a date!

Visited September 2013

San Diego, CA
“Best Beach View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Outdoor patio is like sitting on the beach. Good food, especially the fish tacos. A little pricey for a casual lunch but the location makes it well worth the cost.

Visited October 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Great Anniversary Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ended up waiting an hour for seating but that's because I forgot to make reservations. We wanted some place nice because it was our 10th anniversary and our hotel recommended this place. It was well worth the wait! Samantha was our server and she was just the cutest! We both had steaks-husband had the filet and I had the Chef's tasting with the flat iron steak and both were like butter. Both came with mascarpone mashed potatoes. Mine came with a starter and I chose the clam chowder and it was amazing! My steak had crab on top with asparagus spears and some kind of sauce (sorry I don't remember the name) that was delicious. Mine also came with dessert and we shared the Mud Pie which was coffee ice cream in a chocolate cookie crust with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Did I die and go to heaven?? The service was superb, the food out-of-this-world and well worth every minute we waited. Right on the beach and you can sit either inside or outside (was too chilly for me to sit outside but were right by the window). Would go again in a heartbeat!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Del Mar Standard!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Poseidon is one of the restaurants I have to eat at when in Del Mar. Fresh seafood, crisp salads and unique chowders keep me and my family going back again and again. The view of the ocean is stunning, especially at sunset.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“Amazing view with great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I came here for dinner and were promptly seated out in the patio with a great view of the ocean. I had the Cioppino which was very tasty and my wife had the seafood fettuccine which had a really good cream sauce with a little spice. I would eat here again. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that they were busy and service was a bit slow.

• Visited October 2013