“Dining on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Poseidon Restaurant-On The Bch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Del Mar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: The Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar embodies the Southern California lifestyle, blending the ambiance of the beach scene with a relaxed and informal dining atmosphere.
Carlsbad, CA
“Dining on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The scenery doesn't get better on their beachside patio. One of our favorite restaurants! Very popular place so make reservations. Menu offers something for meat/fish/veggie lovers and the service is friendly and efficient.

Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Experience great food average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Being out is a total experience. You can't have intimate fine dining IMO on a beach. But you can have a great night, with great atmosphere, friendly wait staff in a festive vibe. Can you have better meals...of course....but not if you want this backdrop. Keep it real, know you are going there for a great night for other things and a meal that won't kill you. The steaks were actually god for those who ate them, although I wouldn't go here for a steak. Stay away from pork chop, but the other fish entrees were fine...not great...fine. Keep your expectations in check, but don't not go here, even if for drinks.

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Great food & view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my first visit to San Diego. We stayed in Cardiff. So we just looked on trip advisor and found Poseidon.

We had a short 15 min wait, drinks at bar and app delivered to table.

Duck Confit Flatbread $10
Pita bread, caramelized onion & apple, goat cheese, baby arugula in champagne vinaigrette, jicama slaw and spicy hoisin sauce.

We sat outside and at first were by the wall, then requested to move and after about 10 minutes a table left and he cleaned it for us to sit by the ocean! very nice, because I know it can mess up their seating charts for servers.

There was a great cover band of 2 guys. It was really good music!

for dinner I had:

Pistachio Crusted Sustainable Salmon $28
"Loch Duart" Scottish salmon, garlic-sautéed spinach, garlic mashed potatoes, citrus-pomegranate beurre blanc sauce.

I had a Riesling at first, and that's my normal white wine of choice but this one was too sweet. so I switched to a pinot grigio.

The food and service was EXCELLENT. The menu has soooooooo many options. It was hard to choose, my server picked my final out of 3!

I would tell anyone in the area to eat here. loved it! I was very determined to find a ocean view restaurant and was highly pleased with Poseidon. :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trabuco Canyon, California
“It's all about the location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Surry you can get a good meal here but the view is the draw. Sitting right on the sand overlooking makes any meal better. Not to take anything away from the food, this is a great spot for sea food or beef dishes. We opted for the sea food and were not disappointed. My second time here an I will likely return.

Layton, Utah
“Fun Locals Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We only went for happy hour but the food looked excellent. This place has the local charm and people, including the bartenders, were so friendly. I wish I would have found this place sooner.