“A nice spot to stay in Del Mar” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alamo, California
“A nice spot to stay in Del Mar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while participating in a 10-mile race. The check-in staff were friendly but could use a little polish. My room wasn't ready until 5pm, which wasn't a great start to the trip. However, the rooms are spacious and airy. Unfortunately, there was noise from the pool/spa until 10pm, not ideal if you want to get up and run 10 miles the next day.
On the second day of the stay, the towels were not replaced. But other than that, there was nothing really wrong with the hotel. The bar staff are great, the hotel is very clean and attractively furnished, and it's very centrally located in Del Mar.

Room Tip: Make sure your from isn't near the pool area if you need to get to sleep early.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Eric P, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all the nice comments about your experience. We will work on improving the few issues you had. Sorry for any inconvenience.

We hope to see you next time!

HILTON SAN DIEGO / DEL MAR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
guffey, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Before our 'group' even left home I knew your hotel went above all others. I called to see if there was a walker available for our disabled friend we were traveling with. The desk transferred me to Jennifer, the consigere, who took care of all the arrangements to have a walker delivered to the hotel. She asked for us to stop by to say 'hello' when we arrived which really made me feel she cared about us and our needs. She took care of all our reservations for dinners and cars, and had many suggestions which helped us first time visitors to San Diego. She is so efficient in her position and is a great welcoming committee of one in the lobby!
The room was clean and bright, a beautiful patio area with pools, fire places and lots of lounge areas. The restaurant was well staffed and we were happy to be helped more than once by a cheery and efficient wait person, Elva.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank for the nice review! I am happy that the staff took great care of you, especially Jennifer and Elva. They are superstars! We hope to see you soon! By the way, we love getting 5 Star reviews! THANK YOU!

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very well located, near Del Mar and Solana Beach. Great service and very convenient shuttle service. The pool and the gardens are definitely a big plus that will make me chose this hotel again in the future,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the 5 Star review, it makes our day! I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our service to be a great experience. We hope to see you again the next time you visit San Diego!

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here during San Diego Jazz Party for a three day week-end. Great Jazz and a very pleasant hotel. jazz party is a must with 22 great Jazz mucicians from all over country (World?) Staying at hotel made the week-end special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Eric P, General Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the nice review and the 5 Star rating. I am pleased to know that we made a fun Jazz weekend special for you! See you next Jazz weekend, if not earlier!

Edgewater, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here 2-21 thru 2-23 Jennifer Fine was very helpful and respectful of our needs helped get us a limo to the airport and dinner reservations she is definitely an asset to the hotel, very pleasant and always smiling, goes above and beyond to help. Our waitress during our stay was Elva also very pleasant and smiling and making sure everything was good. A very nice hotel clean and neat. I definitely would stay here again

Carol Roberts

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! I am so glad the staff took great care of you, especially Jennifer and Elva. They are both gems! See you the next time you are in Del Mar!!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It was my anniversary and my husband choose to take me to the Hilton Del Mar it was perfect. the room was beautiful we had a balcony the service was amazing (Jessica) at the front desk was awesome she took the time to get to know us at check in. she send us strawberries n champaign the morning of our anniversary and every time she saw us she called us by name. Made us feel special. She recommend the restaurant at the hotel and she was right the flatbread with pepperoni was amazing made some great friends at the Hilton Del Mar for sure going back!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star review! It made our day!! I am glad that you had a nice Anniversary stay with us and that it was perfect! Jessica is great and I a pleased she made it special for you! Hope to see you again soon in the near future!

Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We wanted to stay on the beach but found a room here so took it. First time and won't be our last. We loved everything about this hotel. Staff were amazingly friendly and we got to experience true hospitality. Location is perfect and they have car service. The pool is very relaxing. Our room was way comfortable. We will be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms have patios so ask for that if you want one.
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the Star review! I am pleased that you had a great stay and experienced true hospitality. We are glad that you plan on coming back.

HILTON SAN DIEGO / DEL MAR

Been to Hilton San Diego/Del Mar? Share your experiences!