“Outstanding!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great service, menu and location! Breakfast any time and the sandwiches are fantastic! I had the famous Ruben - a half and soup was just right! My family had the Mac and cheese & chicken salad.

Fallbrook, California
“Proud of their food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went to Milton's in Del Mar because we purchased a local meal deal ($10 for $20 worth of food). We each purchased a sandwich and shared half. The service was very good and very fast. I guess it doesn't take long to put some meat on a piece of bread. The meat was very good quality and tasty. The side is maybe a 1/4 cup of either coleslaw, potato salad, or pasta salad. The pasta salad was dry and pretty flavorless. My sister had the coleslaw and ended up putting it on the sandwich because they do not put anything at all on it. No pickle, no nothing. They do offer a variety of mustards on the table. The sandwiches were 14.50 each and we had enough to eat, but were not overly stuffed or anything. Kind of pricey for what you get. Glad we had the $10 off--it was still $25 with the tip. Would have been $35 and not worth it at that price.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Jewish style restaurant and deli- it's just 'okay'.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food itself at Milton's is quite good, though the table placement and ceilings can make it quite noisy and uncomfortable for conversation. The deli sandwiches are thick, so for a NY style jewish deli, it serves the purpose. It wouldn't be our 'go-to' place for that type of food however, and despite it's proximity to our home, we travel farther if looking for Milton's type of fare.

Visited February 2014
coronado
“Best Deli in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

It is pricey but as a born in NY Jewish person I found Milton's to be authentic NY Jewish style deli. My guy and I each had the soup and 1/2 sandwich special. We both chose matzah ball soup and it was the best we ever had- loaded with noodles, chunks of chicken , carrots and a huge matzah ball. It definitely tasted homemade. It was served with pickels and a little loaf of challa bread. I then had lean corned beef on rye and my guy had pastrami on rye. My corned beef was excellent. I admit he was not as crazy about his pastrami , but so what. Maybe it was too lean.
Oh yes, we waited about 20 min for a table during which time there was courtesy coffee and mini muffins. Also the place is ultra clean, upscale and fun looking. Soup and half sandwiches, one diet coke and bill was abt $33.00 including tax plus tip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Minority Report”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Why do I call this review a minority report? Because I freely acknowledge that my dissatisfied experience is in a minority. Most people are saying their experience was very good. Mine was NOT.

First thing that hit me was the exorbitant prices. By the way, their website does not include menu prices. I thought at least the size of the sandwich would be large. It was like a Kiddie size sandwich. Not worth $15, cheese not included. The menu said “Hot” Pastrami. When it arrived, it was slightly above room temperature with a cold slice of Swiss Cheese on top. The server cheerfully took it back for a reheat. It was returned no warmer than it had been.

To me, the Pastrami was weak in flavor, almost like a “healthy” Pastrami. The Rye bread was almost too soft like Wonder White Bread. And it, like the Pastrami, was weak in flavor. My wife, who is not as picky as I am, was not impressed. The plain cheesecake was somewhere between French and New York on texture and had an “off” taste.

The staff was very friendly, however, the prices and taste of the food were were just not good enough to return. Sorry. I do not like writing bad reviews.

• Visited February 2014