“Not Worth Another Visit” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
San Marcos, California
“Not Worth Another Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Living in the area first time dining at Milton"s. Parking very difficult but there is a large parking structure behind Whole Foods.
Upon entering, we gave the host our name and were seated within ten minutes. The host did not greet us and just seated us without saying one word other than our name.
Waitress came immediately and asked us what type of beverage we would like.
Reviewing the menu, Milton's is more than a Jewish deli serving various food items including Mexican, burgers, pizza.
My companion ordered the half sandwich of pastrami with coleslaw and Russian dressing and I the overstuffed corned beef and pastrami. The order came quickly from another server.The service went downhill after that.
Since when can you count how many pieces of coleslaw is on your sandwich? Well you could and hardly any dressing as well. Our waitress was no where to be found and we got the attention of another server and commented on the lack of coleslaw and dressing, the server brought a side of coleslaw and dressing. The overstuff sandwich was not great but tasteful -- the pastrami a bit dry. Sadly, the rye bread fell apart and became a messy sandwich. The potato salad was served in a very small side dish and was okay but nothing to rave about.
When our waitress finally came by she noticed the extra coleslaw and commented that they're skimping again. She also commented that she couldn't wait to get out of there since the next day she had off and could we pay since she would be leaving. We were halfway through our meal. (Sorry to use "she" but no name introduction given or name tag.)
Very costly and, in my opinion, with the quality of the food, inattentive service and unfriendliness, it does not warrant another visit. Oh did I mention we had to ask for pickles -- what deli doesn't include pickles? If in San Diego try DZ Akins off of College and Hwy. 8.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

California
“over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Another restaurant trying to imitate a New York type of atmosphere. Food was good. Service was slow. Prices were high but it's the only place like it in the area and can get away with it. We traveled close to 50 miles round trip to get there to use a discount ticket. Looked like they gave me a sandwich from a smaller loaf of bread because I used the discount ticket. I compared mine with people at surrounding tables. Got a free, stale cookie for my birthday.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great Sandwichs and much more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was way above average, breads where freshly baked. Most everything seemed to be made from scratch. My roast beef sandwich was rare, just the way they are supposed to be in my humble opinion! Craft beer on tap is always a good thing. Service was friendly; our waitress was very personable and checked on us regularly to make sure we had everything we needed. The burgers are delicious and old school, great buns. Granted the sandwich was $11 but, I’d much rather have an over the top sandwich for that than a $6 mediocre one. The point is, if you love Arby’s, this is probably not the place for you. We will definitely make this a regular stop on any rod trip past Del Mar in the future.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“I guess ya gotta love bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ordered the kids meat loaf for granddaughter, disgusting. Sliced thin and tasted like something I have never had. Granddaughter would not eat it. Her salad...was ok. Husband had ribs and loved them. I had a special liver and onions...yup I know...who the heck orders that...well I do....disgusting.. came w/potato pancakes...well that's what they called them...definitely disgusting. Go back........NEVER. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

This was our 3rd year travelling to the area, the other times we dined at this place we had problems. Not sure I am being fair. Would love to hear about your dining experience at this place.

SYLVIA'S NANA.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Del Mar, California
“If you are looking for Big this is the place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are looking for mega food this is the place. The sandwiches are huge and everything could be shared. The menu is very diverse with emphasis on deli style sandwiches and breakfasts. If you are a lighter eater you will want to share. They do have everything so I take meat eaters here and I enjoy a salad or the veggie burger. It can be loud when crowded but you won't leave hungry!

• Visited October 2012