“BEST OF THE DAVIS HOTELS” 5 of 5 stars

Hallmark Inn at UC Davis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 F St, Davis, CA 95616   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Davis
california
“BEST OF THE DAVIS HOTELS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

A great hotel with a fantastic staff. Free bike rentals, free happy hour, free breakfast, clean, nice rooms and free wifi. Easy to get to and easy to park and walk to shops, campus, restuarants, and fun. Marisa, the general manager, Daniel, the concierge/desk person and Rogelio, the bartender, all make the hotel a superb place to stay in Davis.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
HallmarkInn, General Manager at Hallmark Inn at UC Davis, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
On behalf of all the team here at the Hallmark Inn, Davis, "Thank You" for taking the time to share your comments. It is truly our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit to Davis. Sincerely
Marisa Schaffer, General Manager

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I stay at the Hallmark Inn about once a month. It has literally become our home away from home! We go to Davis to visit our daughter and her husband and friends.
Marisa Schaffer, General Manager and her staff do a fabulous job at this lovely boutique hotel! From complimentay made to order breakfast to nightly drinks reception, guests are made to feel welcome and pampered. Bath and body products are "green" and bee friendly and bed linens are wonderful! Staff members are friendly and efficient and knowledgable about things to do and where to go in Davis.
We usually dine at Season's Restaurant located in the hotel. The food is yummy and again, staff is exceptional. We especially like the new addition of small plate choices at dinner. We do wish that Season's was open on Mondays too.
All in all, we love the Hallmark Inn!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Putnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed at the Hallmark Inn during the Christmas Holiday for four weeks. The room was nice and big and very clean. The staff was so friendly and always asked if there was anything they could do for me. The breakfast in the moring was fantastic. The waffles are light and fluffy and the omlets like you have never tasted before. I'm very happy that I had the chance to stay and look forward to many more stays at the Hallmark Inn, it is truly a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Castro Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I am a professor at UC Davis, and my wife and I have stayed at the Hallmark many times in the past three years. Especially for a medium-sized hotel (134 rooms), it has a comfortable, home-style atmosphere, a very friendly and attentive staff, and great amenities, especially the full breakfast in the dining room.

The manager, Marisa, recently won the California hospitality industry's top award for medium-sized hotel management, and it is well deserved! She and the rest of the staff, particularly Daniel and Bethany, are the most courteous, helpful, and cheerful people you could ever meet, and they make anyone's stay a pleasure!

The Hallmark is conveniently located downtown between the Amtrak station and the Davis campus, within steps of movies, restaurants, and shopping areas. It has very comfortable beds, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks. Its on-site restaurant, Seasons, has been rated one of the Sacramento area's best. The Hallmark is one of our favorite destinations anywhere!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Merced, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Very convenient - middle of restaurants and near UC Campus. Very noisy place so bring earplugs. Service is good.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Dana Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Last weekend several of my family members and I stayed at the Hallmark Inn for UC Davis family weekend. We had a fabulous trip. The Hallmark is loocated in the heart of downtown - close to everything.

I had 5 rooms reserved. Without us even asking, the front desk put all of our room near each other. The double rooms have double queen beds which are very comfortable. The room is spacious and very clean.

The ammenities at this hotel can't be beat. They have a full buffet breakfast each morning included. You see, I have 2 huge football players. Usually when we leave a hotel breakfast we have to drive through fast food to fill them. This buffet has an omelet bar, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fresh cut fruit and fresh whole fruit, cereal, oatmeal, danish, bagels. I'm sure I am forgetting something but you get the jist. They were both stuffed after breakfast. I could not ask for anything more. Plus, the young man that works at the hotel is so very nice. We had stayed at the hotel back in August when we dropped my son off for school. He remembered me and remembered that I had a son starting football at Davis.

Also included is a happy hour. This was perfect for our group because we could sit around and visit and celebrate Davis beating SLO. The bar was pretty crowded so we took our beverages into the breakfast room just a short distance away. There was lots of room and it was quite enough for us to catch up.

The latest addition to the Hallmark ammenities are bikes. Davis is all about bikes. We called a local bike shop to rent bikes and they told us that the Hallmark had 6 new bikes. We were thrilled that we only had to rent 4 bikes. Touring the campus on bikes can't be beat. It is a beautiful campus.

I can honestly say that the Hallmark actually enhanced our trip. We will definatly be staying here for the next four years when visiting our son.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

My room was directly across from a brightly lit movie theatre. I was awakened every hour as the amtrack trains blew their horn and announced their arrival and departure. The voices of movie theatre patrons could be heard after every show. The windows of my room must have been residential grade, because they didn't keep out any of the street noises. I overheard another guest complaining about slashed car tires. I stayed out of my room all morning to give the housekeepers time to clean the room, but when I returned exhausted and ready to rest after 3 pm, my room was still the same way I left it. The maid showed up shortly after I sat down ready to relax a bit and have my lunch, so I had to take my lunch and make myself scarce until she was done. They seem as if they are trying really hard, but it is definitely not as it is billed. This hotel is on par with those that charge $79-$89 a night. I thought I got a good deal at $119/night, but I lost two night's sleep. Definitely not worth it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
HallmarkInn, General Manager at Hallmark Inn at UC Davis, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconveninece you may have experienced during your stay at the Hallmark Inn, Davis. I wish you had made us aware that you were being disturbed by the outside noise as we would have been happy to move you to a room in another location away from the theatre. Additionally a call to the front desk requesting morning service would have definintely been accommodated to avoid inconveniencing you. You also mentioned that you overheard a guest had their tire slashed, our investigation was unable to validate this. I would like to have the opportunity to address your concerns.
Please feel free to contact me directly at
#800-753-0035 Monday through Friday at your convenience.
Marisa Schaffer, General Manager

Been to Hallmark Inn at UC Davis? Share your experiences!