“Great Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great location, nice rooms (ok, little smallish), and exceptional staff at this property. When I arrived the desk clerk took real interest in me, asking about my business and how my trip was going. 5 stars for her - she brightened my mood after a long day of driving in thick traffic. I was traveling with two dogs and needed just one overnight. This was perfect! It was easy to get in and out of and there were plenty of places to walk my dogs. The beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: I had a room right near the lobby on the first floor. I was also close to an external door, which w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here recently during a business trip. I was exhausted and happy to find that Applebees was right next door, so I walked and enjoyed a good dinner. The staff was averagely friendly. The rooms had updated furnishings but was a little on the smaller side. When I initially walked in the room a very strong odor similar to bleach overcame me. The surrounding area of the hotel appeared to be decent. The water pressure in the shower wasn't so good and our toilet struggled to flush. The breakfast eating area was small and the breakfast didn't start until 700 so I unfortunately didn't get to sample the breakfast. If I traveled there again I would probably look for another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here over Veteran's day weekend. Our flights from San Diego were canceled because of fog, so I had to drive in and I called the hotel to let them know that I would be driving and since I had called later than when I was supposed to, they had to ask the manager if I would be charged for Friday night. In the end, they didn't charge me, which was a plus.

This is not a luxury hotel; it is what it is. There is an Applebees in the parking lot and if you want to venture further across the street, there is an IHOP! Works for us.

I picked this hotel because of the price and the fact that we had stayed previously in the Comfort Suites directly across the street and wanted to try something different.

Okay hotel for the price and it is next to the freeway so you have to request a room away from the freeway; but we didn't hear any noise from either the freeway or the train! The main Davis hotels in town can hear the train at the station!

I accidentally left my pillow in the room and never got a call back or anything from them.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Davis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Breakfast was very good. When room was cleaned forgot to leave coffee and filters for in the morning. Would go back when in Davis, CA
Really liked having Applebees close by for a drink or two.
Enjoyed my our stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is in need of a renovation. The carpets are dirty and stained. The walls are in need of a fresh coat of paint. The hotel had a smell of dank covered over by household cleaners. The hotel is isolated so there is really nowhere to walk. And the breakfast area is basically the lobby. I know La Quinta is a budget choice, but i would expect better in terms of cleanliness, upkeep, etc. The staff tried hard, but the owners need to invest in some updates.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

It was a nice surprise. I booked for the moderate cost -- and then was gratefully surprised by the remodeled room, the free, all-day coffee, the free breakfast, and the free Wi-Fi. I felt like I really lucked out.

Room Tip: Even though my room was facing the freeway, I couldn't hear any noise at night. But if you are v...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis? Share your experiences!