“very poor telephone reservation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn UC Davis

You added Days Inn UC Davis to your Saves list
Days Inn UC Davis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Chiles Road, Davis, CA 95618 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel Davis)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

For context purposes I need to indicate that I spent a week (Nov2-10) in California travelling around the San Francisco area. During this week I stayed in 4 different hotels/chains. As a result, some of my comment will be in comparison to the other three hotels (which I have not named in this review).
I arrived late (midnight), but check in was fast and friendly. Like the other three hotels, I stayed in a room with a king bed. Unfortunately, this one was facing the highway and train tracks. So, I could hear the heavy traffic in the morning and the trains every time they went past the hotel. The room in this hotel probably had the most space of any hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It was very clean, spacious, but rustic. I liked the hardwood floors (cleaner). The only problem I encountered was with a dripping shower, but once I closed the bathroom door all was silent.
The continental breakfast was what I was expecting, simple but ok. There were two cereal choices and I believe three or four bread/bagel type choices, yogurt, juices, coffee, and I believe apples. Like most continental breakfasts the breads were a little stale, but if you’re toasting them anyways I guess you can’t really tell once you cover them with butter and jam.
The bed was firm, but soft enough to be relaxing. The bathroom was well supplied with lots towels, etc.

The outdoor pool area exists, but it was too cold to use. There were chairs around the pool for people to sit in while they were watching their friends or kids.
All in all, it is a nice hotel and I’d stay there again, if I needed a cheap short-term stay. For the price, and the quality, it was the best of the four for value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road / train tracks
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wapakoneta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I came to visit a nearby company and got a great rate for my one night stay. I arrived at the hotel at 2 am and the girl at the front desk was very friendly even though she didn't speak English very well, I got checked in and guided to my room. The room was clean and comfortable and I got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn UC Davis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn UC Davis

Address: 4100 Chiles Road, Davis, CA 95618 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel Davis)
Location: United States > California > Davis
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn UC Davis 2*
Welcome to newly-renovated, value priced Davis, California Hotel. As Davis' largest hotel property, our facilities have been designed with you in mind. Whether your stay here is for business or for pleasure, you'll find that have something to offer everyone, including spacious accommodations with modern amenities that are sure to make your stay a memorable one. Enjoy close proximity to shopping, dining, UC Davis, and Sacramento International Airport. Major Destinations such as Lake Tahoe and San Francisco are within a two-hour drive of our 100% smoke-free hotel. We're constantly evolving to serve you better and our knowledgeable, friendly staff is dedicated to enhancing your stay while helping you discover why we are Davis' most unique hotel! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn UC Davis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Uc Davis Hotel Davis
Howard Johnson Hotel Davis
Howard Johnson Davis
Davis Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Days Inn UC Davis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.