“I wish I'd stayed at the Best Western instead” 2 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Davis
Davis Bed & Breakfast Inn
Save Saved
You added Davis Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
422 A Street, Davis, CA 95616   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Davis B&B and Inns
California
“I wish I'd stayed at the Best Western instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2007

I am afraid I have several complaints.

The top complaint is that the beds were very uncomfortable. We slept in a room with two beds and both of us had back aches the next morning.

I blew a circuit breaker using my hair dryer. A standing heater was plugged in to a nearby outlet and I guess this was too much for the wiring in the house. The next day I was told the house is old and that does happen sometimes.

The room was clean but the Inn does not look nearly as pretty in real life as it does in the photos on the website.

The light fixture in the bathroom did not work well and there was not much water pressure for the shower. The sink and mirror were located in the room and the sink worked just fine.

At breakfast bagels and danishes were on the table,along with fruit, coffee and tasty orange juice. A very nice college student hired by the Inn offered to cook us pancakes, french toast, and some other tasty dishes but I was in a hurry so I declined. I suspect the cooked-to-order breakfast would have been good though, and the Inn will also cook your breakfast and bring it to your room.

This Inn is right across the street from UC Davis...true... however it is right across the street from the athletic stadium and you can stay at the Best Western in town which is a couple of blocks from UC Davis and actually be closer to the main quad area of the University.

If I ever come to Davis again I will stay somewhere else, especially because of the uncomfortable beds.

Stayed February 2007

Couples

Been to Davis Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!