“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Redding
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at the La Quinta next door, so this seemed like a good choice.

When we arrived it was still happy hour, so we decided to imbibe. My wife had a couple of 9 oz wines and I had a Tanqueray & Tonic, followed by a 9 oz wine. I was surprised when they brought the T&T in a tall glass, with not too much ice. Tasted great, as did the wine.

We both decided to have their Sizzling Double Barrel Whiskey Sirloins. We like our steaks medium rare, so the waitress suggested we order them rare because it is hard to gauge them because of their size. They came out perfect and the potatoes were very tasty.

We both cleaned our plates. My wife usually doesn't eat her whole dinner, but she did this time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“What a pity...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This could be a great place to go, since the menu is varied and it's just a short walk for a lot folks; however, the chances of anyone in our circle recommending this restaurant to anyone ever again are slim to none. Our waiter was super, but the management there leaves way too much to be desired. We got there when no one was in the restaurant, met some friends for dinner, and started watching our favorite baseball team on the television in the bar area. Halfway into the game, one of the servers walked out and changed the station. We said we were watching the game, but she just gave us a dirty look and walked away. Later, when our waiter came back to our table, we asked him if they could change the station back, since there were six televisions and we were the only group that appeared to be watching anything. He nicely said that he would look into it, then came back and said, "I'm so sorry, I asked the server who changed it and she said 'no,' so then I asked the manager and he said 'no' as well. We thanked him for trying, then noticed that as we finished our meal, everyone in viewing distance of the televisions had left. I looked over at the server who had changed the game at that point as if to motion once again to change it back and she just smirked at me. What a pity that no one there seemed to know the meaning of customer service but our waiter, Aidan. My hope would have been to at least get a visit from the manager and an explanation why their televisions only cater to the staff that work there. I'm so relieved to know that there are many other fine restaurants close by and I don't have to eat at Applebee's in Davis ever again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Davis, California
“Typical chain restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Step inside, you could be in any chain restaurant, anywhere in the [Americanized] world. Clean, competent, nice enough... but sooooo boring.

Hanford, California
“An Applebees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Shares parking lot with La Quinta. Very nice, but a typical Applebees. Nice to be able to eLk for a quick meal.

Visited November 2012
“The crowd goes WILD. yeah for Davis turnaround all around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Friendly..tasty...affordable.....fantastic! My favorite all around restraunt. The crew is well managed and know what i want as a customer. THANK YOU APPLEBEES

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere