“A sweet night's sleep safe traveling alone” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Davis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4835 Chiles Road, I-80 at Mace Blvd, Davis, CA 95616   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Davis
San Francisco, California
“A sweet night's sleep safe traveling alone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

No frills Excellent value Safe & CLEAN. I wish I could have taken this hotel with me on my soirée through CA. Weary of overpriced hotels with too much space, little bottles of cheap shampoo & a hike to the room.
Can I use the words perfect night's sleep? Frequently I sleep in hotels because of work.
I slept better here than in the SF
Natural foods grocery nearby & very professional staff. Take your bikes with you to Davis.
Bring your own shampoo - soap available

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, very helpful & sincere
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gilroy, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

It's just a clean room. No frills. Also, no carpets but wood floors. Easy cleanable furniture. The room is clean! The only extra is a bottle opener. But we love it and love the price. We have confidence that there are no bugs in the rugs or hiding under the beds or trapped behind bureaus. Simple and, did I mention, clean?

Jack Penkethman

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Shasta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff made it. From front desk to cleaning ladies, all exceptional. Genuine, friendly, caring. Value as affordable as can be for the area. And the new room design with wood floors, all is clean. Highly recommend and thank you all so much to all the staff

• Stayed June 2014
San Marcos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I spent 5 seconds in the room they gave me. Advertised as a non-smoking room. For people who don't smoke, you will throw up, as the smell of cigarets is overwhelming. So they offered a second room, 2 doors down. It smelled like a hospital room, and where was this bathroom I see in the photo on line? You gave us a handicapped shower, we did not ask for this. You should also advertise you rent by the month. To people who clearly own cats. I'm highly allergic & they were everywhere. I do not recommend this motel in this town to anyone, not even for the night. Very disappointed. I had to find another hotel at midnight, after I had just drove 8 hours to get here & they didn't even refund me my money. Very poor service Motel 6. The only thing I can say nice, is that the girl Ivana at the front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct & don't use an angency
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lake Hughes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Check in is a breeze, friendly people, Clean sheets and towels, Bed was good, New stall showers
No extras bring your own hairdryer and shampoo
If you are looking for a clean place to sleep and not looking for all the little addons This is for you.
Good location, close to everything.
Pool
Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night here, with my wife having throat pains. At arrival, we just went to the room at the second floor, with standard amenities, but clean and very nice separate Queens.
The next morning, my wife still didn't feel well and needed a doctor, despite this being our longest travel day, but what can you do? So the lady at the front desk and a guest helped us to find a clinic in town (which is bigger than it looks) and within an hour and a half after checking out, she was helped and served at the CVS pharmacy as well! Actually we needed Target for even cheaper medication, but at that moment, we couldn't care less.
So a big thanks for that, as the hospital next door would be much more expensive.

The only downside of Motel 6 is the non free wifi. But then again, if you can sleep for 45 bucks and get darn fast wifi for three bucks, one shouldn't complain.

I will definitely recommend this Motel to others!

• Stayed September 2013
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had not been to a Motel 6 for at least 20 years and it would normally not have been our choice. However, it was the only place to stay in the area we wanted that was not booked, as we came by Shuttle from the airport (sans car). It turned out quite nice. We took a room next to the pool, unheated, but ok later in the day. The room was clean, quiet and adequate. Bed was good. Twice we had family over and sat around the tables and chairs in the pool area in the shade. Of course the prices were excellent. Bring your own shampoo and hairdryer. The Thai and American (burgers etc) Cindy's next door was good. Also, a couple fast food places a very short walk away.

Room Tip: The place was very near the freeway, but it was still quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Davis? Share your experiences!