“It's a real mixed bag” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Tracy ca
“It's a real mixed bag”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Thanks for your reviews I haven't laughed that hard in days.
I had to change rooms a couple of times.
The first room was like an inferno with a filthy carpet.
The second room you guessed it filthy carpet but at least it wasn't blazing hot.
And after I cover the blinking smoke detector I was able to get to sleep.
Don't I repeat don't drink the coffee unless you like tolit water it will ruin your day.
Oh ya and I am not sure you should be drinking that ice cube water lol
But besides that it was great.
Cheers

Room Tip: Away from the freeway and pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
sav260
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

What do people expect from a Motel 6. For our needs it was a perfect location. We stayed in room 102 which is away from the noise of I-80 which really helps. When we got to our room it had a smell as if the carpet had just been cleaned and it wasn't dry or the room hadn't been used after it had been clean. Other then that it your typical Motel 6 room two full beds, a tv, a night stand and your bathroom. The only draw back we had in our room was the A/C in low it seemed that the fan of the bathroom was on all night and once I turned it to high it seemed that we had a washing maching top lodding one. If you get chance and stay here make sure you go to Guadalajaras which is just down the street on Mace ave. in the shopping center were Burger King is located. Their Burrito grande can feed a family of five. Just to tell you we had burrito for dinner and lunch the next day. We well stay again when we came back.

Room Tip: The closer you are to Chiles Rd the better!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for three nights while attending our son's graduation. As others have mentioned, this is a no-frills hotel. Our room was clean and had a new shower. There are no hairdryers in the room, but I was cherrily provided one at the front desk. There is a coin laundry on site that came in handy for some wet hiking clothes. Our room faced the highway, but that wasn't a problem. One night some people were very noisy in the pool at 3 am, but some things you can't do much about. The price was VERY reasonable, and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed here one night before visiting UC Davis the next day. The room itself wasn't the cleanest Motel 6 I've ever stayed in: namely, it smelled slightly of smoke and dogs, even though it was labeled a non-smoking room. I could not tell whether the smell was coming from my room or wafting in through the vents. On the other hand, the sheets, towels, and bathroom seemed clean, which is, of course, what's most important. The room was just large enough to fit the two full-sized beds and desk.

I was given a room facing the pool, away from the freeway, so noise wasn't an issue. This may not be the case on the other side of the building. The receptionists were wonderful. Wifi costs money.

Because the rates here were so much cheaper than nearby motels, I only expected the basics and that's what I got. Recommended for budget travelers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I don't mind staying in budget motels but I expect a certain level of cleanliness that this Motel 6 didn't provide. I arrived late and wasn't in the mood to complain to the front desk or ask for housekeeping. But there were insects and spiders in the room, the bathroom wasn't very clean, the carpet was dirty and stained, and the furniture had sticky spots. There was no shampoo - just a bar of soap. However, I just needed to crash for one night and checked out early. Will not be staying there again!

• Liked — Location, right off highway
  • Disliked — Cleanliness (lack thereof)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pleasanton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

I stayed at this motel 4 years ago, but this site wasn't around at the time so here is an update of my truly horrific adventure. I stayed there 4 nights. The second night I saw a bat fly out of the air conditioning vent. I was very panicked because I don't want to get bit and have to get rabies shots. I freaked out and ran in the bathroom having to leap over the bat crawling on the floor. I tried to decide what to do. I was looking for something to kill it and then I thought I can't kill a bat. So I opened the door and walked very carefully and opened the motel door and waited on the balcony for the bat to fly out and sure enough it did. Motel 6 in Davis should inspect for bats because they are going to have a lawsuit on their hands if someone else DOES get bit in the future. I'm not a sue happy person, but I know mostly everyone else is. We called the person at the front desk and told them there was a bat in our room I was told, "Yeah we get bats in here sometimes."

Here are the other problems with the motel at the time in Oct. 2003:

Location: They placed us in one of the only rooms left that faced the freeway. Very loud to hear cars whizzing by.

Scratched car: Someone scratched our rental car in the parking lot. We know it was in the parking lot because we didn't see the huge scratch on the door 9 hrs ago when we parked it the night before.

Bed problems: Stained sheets and pillowcases. Springs sticking out of mattress. Pubic hair on mattress.

Rude staff: When we checked in we were met by a very rude young woman. She informed us that there was one room left and then she said "Will that be a problem" like she wanted us to leave her alone and let her go back to her magazine reading. We should have took her warning.

Ice machine: It wasn't functioning properly. Gave half melted ice cubes and took a long time to fill up the bucket.

Puddles: Puddles were around the building like they hosed down the place to clean it and I almost slipped, but I grabbed onto a railing.

Trash cans: When our trash can was filled up in our room I went outside to look for one. The one nearest to our room was overflowing, the next one.....you guessed it....overflowing.....so I just found another trashcan that wasn't seriously overflowing and put our trash on top of the trashcan.

Maid service: The first day the maid cleaned my room, the second day she came too early so I told her to come back when I was gone in the afternoon. No one ever came back and for my last 2 nights there I had no maid service.

• Stayed October 2003
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

This is the cheapest place in town so what does that tell you right there? Yes this is Motel Six, not the Embassy Suites or the Sheraton Grand. They have done some major renovations to the hotel recently and it is looking much better. If you're on a budget and need a place to stay then this is it. It's right off the freeway and there are fast food places and gas stations nearby. If you want to fork out more dough then go elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Davis? Share your experiences!