“Budget accomodations” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 hotels in Davis
Missouri
“Budget accomodations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I don't mind staying in budget motels but I expect a certain level of cleanliness that this Motel 6 didn't provide. I arrived late and wasn't in the mood to complain to the front desk or ask for housekeeping. But there were insects and spiders in the room, the bathroom wasn't very clean, the carpet was dirty and stained, and the furniture had sticky spots. There was no shampoo - just a bar of soap. However, I just needed to crash for one night and checked out early. Will not be staying there again!

• Liked — Location, right off highway
  • Disliked — Cleanliness (lack thereof)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pleasanton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

I stayed at this motel 4 years ago, but this site wasn't around at the time so here is an update of my truly horrific adventure. I stayed there 4 nights. The second night I saw a bat fly out of the air conditioning vent. I was very panicked because I don't want to get bit and have to get rabies shots. I freaked out and ran in the bathroom having to leap over the bat crawling on the floor. I tried to decide what to do. I was looking for something to kill it and then I thought I can't kill a bat. So I opened the door and walked very carefully and opened the motel door and waited on the balcony for the bat to fly out and sure enough it did. Motel 6 in Davis should inspect for bats because they are going to have a lawsuit on their hands if someone else DOES get bit in the future. I'm not a sue happy person, but I know mostly everyone else is. We called the person at the front desk and told them there was a bat in our room I was told, "Yeah we get bats in here sometimes."

Here are the other problems with the motel at the time in Oct. 2003:

Location: They placed us in one of the only rooms left that faced the freeway. Very loud to hear cars whizzing by.

Scratched car: Someone scratched our rental car in the parking lot. We know it was in the parking lot because we didn't see the huge scratch on the door 9 hrs ago when we parked it the night before.

Bed problems: Stained sheets and pillowcases. Springs sticking out of mattress. Pubic hair on mattress.

Rude staff: When we checked in we were met by a very rude young woman. She informed us that there was one room left and then she said "Will that be a problem" like she wanted us to leave her alone and let her go back to her magazine reading. We should have took her warning.

Ice machine: It wasn't functioning properly. Gave half melted ice cubes and took a long time to fill up the bucket.

Puddles: Puddles were around the building like they hosed down the place to clean it and I almost slipped, but I grabbed onto a railing.

Trash cans: When our trash can was filled up in our room I went outside to look for one. The one nearest to our room was overflowing, the next one.....you guessed it....overflowing.....so I just found another trashcan that wasn't seriously overflowing and put our trash on top of the trashcan.

Maid service: The first day the maid cleaned my room, the second day she came too early so I told her to come back when I was gone in the afternoon. No one ever came back and for my last 2 nights there I had no maid service.

• Stayed October 2003
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

This is the cheapest place in town so what does that tell you right there? Yes this is Motel Six, not the Embassy Suites or the Sheraton Grand. They have done some major renovations to the hotel recently and it is looking much better. If you're on a budget and need a place to stay then this is it. It's right off the freeway and there are fast food places and gas stations nearby. If you want to fork out more dough then go elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2005

I stayed here with my two daughters while visiting family in the area. The Lobby area is clean and nice and so are the employees - but that's it for nice! Our room had peanut shells inside and outside of the front door area,carpet generally dirty, toilet was broken, but I was able to fix it myself. The bathroom fan was hanging by a wire. Walls too thin. I've stayed in Motel 6 before in Tahoe, Seattle and up and down the CA coast, never had one this bad.

• Stayed January 2005
Reno, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

I have stayed at this place many times over the years when overnighting in Davis for bicycle rides. As Motel 6's go, this place is slightly above the norm. It's a ways from Davis proper, but you're not paying for a downtown location, either. The place is relatively clean, and the staff is friendly. Request a "quiet" part of the motel (ideally facing Chiles Rd); if you're in any part that faces the I-80 freeway, it's quite noisy.

• Stayed October 2004

Been to Motel 6 Davis? Share your experiences!