“Wost Hotel on Earth” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Davis
“Wost Hotel on Earth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2003

This is the worst hotel on the face of the earth. Everything about the room was terrible. The shower didnt work, the sheets were dirty, the TV only recieved 3 channels and the free breakfast wasn't worth the $0. This could possibly be the worst hotel that I have ever been to in my life.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2003

Front desk service here stunk. I arrived by train with my two children. The clerk refused to allow me to prepay in cash and leave an open credit card for incidental, despite my having confirmed ahead of time that this would be okay. Once we got passed this issue, he then tried to refuse us our room because we didn't arrive in a vehicle, and therefore had no license plate number for the registration. After a prolonged check-in time (30 minutes) he handed us a key without a word of apology or welcome. Our room, a cottage suite, was lovely, but the walls and floor were quite dirty. The jacuzzi bathtub evidently had mold in the jets, as it shot streams of black slimy stuff into the tub. Continental breakfast was terrible, as noted by earlier review. Stale bagels, some toast, juice, and hot water. Despite a coffee maker and thermo pots, there was no coffee.I am sure they depend upon the standard shortage of rooms in Davis, and their proximity to the campus to generate guests. This inn is far too pricey for their service.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2003

At the front desk they say they have high speed internet available. The person at the front desk didn't know how it worked, and said it was free except what the dialup charged (dialup for fast internet?). In the room there is no ethernet jack or cable. I can only conclude that they might "high speed internet" to mean a modem connection over regular telephone lines. I don't like the claim that they have something they don't.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2003

I spend about 60 nights a year in hotels, worldwide. I know quality hotels; this is not one. I stayed here one night in February,2003. I reserved a King Suite. Suite usually means more than one room. Not at the Aggie Inn. One room, king bed. Upstairs, no elevator. Shower valve was broken so very little water came out the shower. The toilet paper holder had been pulled out of the wall and pushed back in, so that it fell out, the first time it was used. When I complained at checkout the next morning, the desk clerk did not want to hear any compliants. He acted like I was blaming him for the poor state of repair. The free breakfast was worth what I paid. You would think in Davis, they would have something healthy, or lowfat for breakfast. Not here! The hotel, though it looks nice, seems to be suffering from a distinct lack of management attention. Poor staff training, etc. Take your money somewhere they appreciate it. I sure will next time.

Been to Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 245 First Street, Davis, CA 95616
Location: United States > California > Davis
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Aggie Hotel Davis

If you own or manage Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.