First time out to Southern California with the family. Wanted to get in a great beach stop for a few days. While the resort itself is gorgeous, a few things would not make us go back...
1) Booked online and called to confirm room. Asked for 2 beds in the room since there would be four of us, they were only able to give us a king with a pull out bed fit for one. And they ran out of rollaway beds, so stuck with three people on a king...not ideal.
2) As many have already pointed out, all the extra charges are not worth the added expense.
3) During our stay the hot water was not working for a period of time. It was around dinner time, so after a day in the pool, it was either a cold shower or no shower. Every time we called to get an update they kept just saying "soon...check in about an hour".
4) Pools were crowded and no chairs to be had. Both pools had waiting lists for chairs. There seemed to be a wedding during the one night, so that may be why it was so crowded. Just not ideal for a family getaway.
5) TV continued to not have sound for many of the channels. The maintenance person showed me how I can fix it, but it just shouldn't happen.
WIth all the problems, they front desk only offered to take off the extra $20 resort fee. For a 2 night stay with crowded pools, wrong room, and no hot water, it didn't seem like compensation.
And if you are looking for a typicaly beach town for CA, I would not choose Dana Point. Great if you want to go boating or to Catalina, but not if you're looking to stay on a beach for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dressed in charming Cape Cod style, the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort rests atop the majestic cliffs of the "California Riviera" overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Dana Point Harbor and is fronted by 42 acres of park, rolling lawn, and radiant gardens laced with bicycle and jogging trails. Take a short walk to the Harbor’s numerous shops, restaurants and ocean activities and to the beautiful sands of the Pacific. Each of the Resort’s 378 rooms includes a TV w/remote, Nintendo, work desk, STSN high-speed Internet, CD/clock radio, coffee maker, hair dryer, lighted makeup mirror and individual climate control. 24-hour health club facilities top the list of amenities, along with tennis, croquet, bicycle rentals and more. Enjoy two ocean-view heated pools or relax in the adjacent whirlpools. Recognized for its excellence in meeting services with a Gold Key Award by Corporate Meetings and Incentives Magazine, the Resort offers 50,000 sq ft of flexible indoor and outdoor function space with state-of-the-art technological capabilities. Our newest addition to our AAA 4-Diamond resort is the 14,000 square foot spa. Enjoy treatments tailored to your own tastes. Our spa facilities, including a sauna and whirlpool, are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Hotel Dana Point
- Marriott Laguna Cliffs
- Marriott Dana Point
- Dana Point Marriott