“Family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio
“Family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We spent a couple nights at this beautiful Ritz Carlton. From the beginning of our stay to the end it was great. The service and accommodations were fantastic. The rooms were clean and roomy. The views were outstanding. With a nice walk to the beach the hotel provides chairs, umbrellas, towels and water bottles. They have a shuttle to take you back to the hotel since the walk will be all uphill. The staff is very attentive and the coffee in the room is great. We will definitely be back to the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. We enjoyed creating a unique and memorable experience for you and your family. We hope you return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Because of the service issues I had during my stay I gave this resort a poor. Why?
Where do I start? Once again I have had issues with this particular Ritz. This year they have disappointed me again. The communication and service at the Ritz has left a lot to be desired.
Starting with Housekeeping not showing up when they said they would-I stayed out of the room
just for this reason. Then they show up and I have to sit on balcony while they clean since
I really didn't have enough time to do my original plan. When I go "into" the room where the toliet
is the light is out and it is a very dark space. How could housekeeping even know if they did a good job cleaning? They couldn't see and they didn't call anyone to fix it. They left that up to me. I also left a note for housekeeping to please give me extra coffee packets as well as extra wash cloths along with a generous tip. They didn't do it. I called down to the front desk/help line and
let them know of the problems- no light in toliet area, no extra coffee, not extra washcloths and housekeeping hadn't showed up.
I then went down to have a spa treatment-very good. I came back to my room to find out
that my key didn't work. Therefore I had to go back down to the front desk and get rekeyed-
oh yeah, my room is probably the farthest distance from the front desk. After "sharing" my story with the concierge he brought the manager out. The manager, Travis, was very concerned about all that had taken place and wanted to make things "right". How do you make up for half of day of your two day vacation being "eaten up" by different problems with you room. Time is ticking and not much of it since I have to be ready for an event that is about to take place very shortly.
What a day--I had problems last year when we stayed here. I would not have chosen this hotel but my husband had a meeting here. Travis, the manager, just brought coffee and a treat. He also refunded my spa treatment which I appreciated. He is a nice guy trying to make a bad situation better-glad I don't have that job.
Redemption??
My spa service, a massage, was wonderful-one of the best I've ever had and the chocolates he sent up were yummy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We greatly appreciate your detailed feedback and it has been share with our senior leaders here at the resort. Of course we want to ensure that we thoroughly understand our inconsistencies and make this right for you. To that end, could you please phone our Executive Office at the property so we can speak with you further? Thank you and we look forward to regaining your confidence in our resort and staff.
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Ritz June 15-21 of 2014. We loved rooms 4012 and 4014 that joined on the consierge (fourth) floor. We were appreciative of the rooms. They kept the adjoining room vacant, at our request, for a couple of days until our son and mother came and were ensconsed in it. The ladies serving on the floor and everywhere throughout the hotel were genuinely helpful, kind and sincere in their efforts to make us happy. Our view was the most special view on the website of the ocean and the beautiful park next door. We loved walking to that park, as there are sidewalks all along the ocean. You can walk up to the St. Regis also on that sidewalk past the delightful landscaping and golf courses on the ocean. The consierge food presentation three times a day was absolutely delicious and beautifully arranged. It was different every time for an entire week. Cocktails are offered at night also. Wine and beer and soft drinks are offered all day. It was so nice to chat with the ladies, make plans for the next day with them, make a plate, and either sit there in the consierge room or patio or go back to our room. You can tell they love their job. We enjoyed our week there very much. They made everything easy and stress free for us, including picking my son and mother up at the airport. The Raza restaurant is wonderful with lovely panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and delicious food. The servers were the best of the best. There were beautiful weddings and different high-level company functions, but they seemed discreet, with polite and well-mannered people, and not on our side anyway. Our consierge floor was very private and well worth the expense. Yes, there were some reviews that mentioned noise in the hallways. It is my opinion that it isn't the hotel's fault that people are badly behaved in the hallways. We think it is proper deportment to whisper in the hallways, in case people are sleeping. TV's and loud talking should be of a diminished level in the rooms, also, in consideration of those next door. We liked the little convenient deli and took tuna rollups to our room that were delicious. We went to the pool a couple of times. Service is superior there and they make sure you are comfortable, and where you want to sit, have your beverage, and are sincerely patient and kindly about it. This is the same with the beach service, which is wonderful. They set up your chair and umbrella and you don't have to worry about bringing it back. They will do it. The rooms were quite roomy and with the cathedral ceiling on the fourth floor seemed very spacious. I liked the light beige interior and clean white linens. The air conditioner was very quiet, made a serene white noise, and the beds so very very comfortable. I had the best sleep in years. The place is meticulous in their cleanliness everywhere. We loved Dana Point, one of the prettiest and high-class cities we have ever seen. The Catalina Island ferry is there too and the marina really spectacular. Go see the Capistrano Mission too. The Chart House has stunning views of the Dana Point Marina. If you need a top-notch, excellent, five-star hotel with panoramic views on the Pacific Ocean cliffside, a high-level resort atmosphere, superior restaurant, the most caring and sincere staff on earth, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ocean front, consierge floor. We liked 4012 and 4014. 4012 had double beds and 4014 had a king-siz...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your warm comments. It was such a delight to read your review of our resort and we have shared it with our ladies and gentlemen. They strive on a daily basis to create the best, memorable, unique and personaly experiences for each of our many guests. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am lucky enough to get to travel with my husband when he has a business trip somewhere worth me taking time to go, and the location of this Ritz Carlton is great. Located just above a beautiful beach with fantastic ocean vistas and situated between Dana Point and Laguna Beach there is lots to do and see nearby. The hotel itself is lovely, although the room we had did not have a view, it was just fine as it was located near a pool and had a secluded patio. Fantastic views from most other places in the hotel except the pools. The view from the gym is fantastic. Nice bathroom and all the housekeeping staff did a great job. There is a refrigerator in the room, but it is empty. So you can get snacks and drinks from a store in the lobby or you can venture across the street where there is The Beach Hut Deli or PdM a coffee shop/bakery. All of which were excellent choices. There is a shuttle down/up from the beach and a nice running/walking trail just by the hotel. The only con we found is that the walls were a bit thin and there was noise from the hallways. All the food and service we had was good, what you expect at a Ritz Carlton. There is a shuttle to Laguna Beach and Dana Point was only a short cab ride away. We had a great time and will be back ! If you want a really romantic room, the first floor direct oceanfront rooms had firepits, but you sacrifice some of the view. Also, if you have kids, the hotel offered several organized adventure activities.

Stayed July 2014
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our property and surroundings while your husband was on business. We hope to welcome you back for a vacation soon!
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my first stay at a Ritz-Carlton and it lived up to its name. I've stayed at other 5 star hotels but never received the service that I received at this hotel. We plan on making the Rtiz our hotel of choice and have already booked Naples, FL next month.

Room Tip: They already charge you 20% for a tip in room service. The whole time I was tipping 40% and didn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your visit! We enjoyed having you!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Ritz. Wonderful staff and the location is breathtaking. You can walk down to the beach and the staff will provide you with everything you need for a the day !! The kids had a ball. Full service hotel and resort with a exceptional staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your Ritz-Carlton experience with us and look forward to creating another memorable experience for you soon!
Highland Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was absolutely magical. The views were breathtaking. The service, perfect - from the wait staff to the front desk to the valet to housekeeping. We spent one night at this hotel on a girl's trip - my sister and our teenage daughters. The weather did not cooperate but the hotel more than made up for the lack of warm sunshine. At every turn we were gasping in delight.
The partial view rooms were more than acceptable.
The location, while not in town and accessible to walk places, was perfectly placed for stunning views of the beaches below and the amazing sunset. We left our doors open at night to listen to the waves crashing on the beach far below. The beach is a hike but the staff is willing to drive those less inclined for the steep walk. The beach staff will even carry the chairs for lazy teenagers worn smooth out from attempting to conquer the impressive surfing waves. The cost of the room, the food and services is pricey but well worth it for the experience.
I have traveled to many beautiful places and stayed in some of the best hotels. This hotel is easily in my top three. Beautiful location, well appointed facility, excellent staff.
My only VERY picky complaint would be that the sink in our room was cracked and the caulking around the tub needed attention. But the hotel more than made up for those minor flaws.

Room Tip: Partial beach views were more than fine. I would not have liked the pool view rooms knowing the opt...
Green Features: The only thing "Typical" about this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We enjoyed having all the "girls" and hope to welcome you back soon! We have many more memories in store for you.

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!