“Absolutely breathtaking.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
ann arbor, mi
“Absolutely breathtaking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had the joy of staying here last week, 4th floor - club level. The service was fantastic, concierge was so attentive and helpful. The food + amenities were fantastic at the club level. The spa / salon were pristine and just how they should be at a resort like this. The food was fabulous at Raya - the main restaurant. I have absolutely no complaints - except that there were no black-out curtains in our room. A bit surprising but also not a bad trade to wake up to see the surf coming in and out. We will definitely return here as we are able! A big thanks to all of the amazing staff there.

Room Tip: Club level - a bit pricey but with breakfast, lunch and cocktail hours until 11p - well worth it in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We couldn't agree with you more...our exclusive Club Level is the only way to go when visiting
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel! Our service is impeccable, and our food/beverage options are outstanding. Thank you for your visit! We look forward to welcoming back very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My fam stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding in Laguna Beach. The hotel was spectacular, great views, friendly staff, & good food. Of course it was expensive as expected but was definitely worth the price just a little getaway for a couple nights. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: As it comes with the name of the hotel, valet parking can be pricey.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
We enjoyed haivng you! Thank you for choosing us for your short stay in the area. We hope you have the chance to return for a longer visit perhaps during the beautiful summer. We have many experiences to create for you...
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is literally in the best location ever! Right below you is Salt Creek Beach Park and to the left is Strands Beach, both world-class locations. What I really loved about the Ritz Carlton was the service from every staff member, everyone greeted me with either "good afternoon" or "it would be my pleasure" and it was just a joy to be there.

The Ritz Carlton also has one of the coolest night time patios with Fire attractions that are really cool. It has one of the best locations I've ever been and I absolutely loved it! Room 4010 was the best room in the hotel! The fourth floor is really where you want to stay!

Also nearby were some great restaurants including the Harbor Grille in nearby Dana point Harbor. We had the opportunity to do stand-up paddle "SUP" & be a part of the local festivities like the cool farmers market and the Dana point Harbor boat parade. There's even a excellent place to learn how to surf called Doheney State Beach Park, I absolutely love this place!

Room Tip: Rooms 4004 - 4010 are where you want to be!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Yes indeed, our exclusive Club Level is the only way to go! We are delighted you had the opportunity to experience our first-class Club service. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon. We have more memories to create for you!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Today I took advantage of the free yoga class with Cynthia. No one else showed up, so I was fortunate enough to have a one on one session. The location was amazing-- Yoga in a cliff-side gazebo high above the ocean. Listening to the waves crash and staring off into the horizon with each pose was amazing.

Cynthia was both a skilled and talented teacher. She contoured the class to what I needed for the stresses and activities of my life. Cynthia even took the time to help me remedy a pose I've had trouble with in the past.

I can't stress enough that if you're staying in this hotel, you should treat yourself to yoga with Cynthia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind compliments about Cynthia. We couldn't agree with you more that Cynthia is not only a superstar but a very educated and talented yoga instructor. We are very fortunate to have her on our team. We look forward to welcoming you back for more peaceful yoga sessions soon!
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 days at the Ritz Dana point finishing up a road trip down the California coastline. Let me first start off by stating the property is beautiful and the views of the ocean overlooking the cliff and sunset are picturesque.

Upon check-in we were greeted by an unfriendly young woman at the front desk. I was immediately confused with the lack of friendliness. Perhaps this is because my wife and I are in our low 30's and don't look or act like the typical Ritz patron? We brushed this off and went to our room. We booked a standard room which overlooked the pool figuring we would either be out or at the beach most of the time. It was nice, but not nice enough for Ritz standards and the premium one pays to stay there. There are several Marriott properties I have stayed at on business which had much nicer rooms.

We ate at the main restaurant the first night which overlooks the ocean, and while the food was pretty good I constantly found the waitress was trying to up-sell us. "Would you like to upgrade the tequila in your drink?" "Are you sure you don't want another appetizer?" "Only one desert to share tonight?" Comments like this drive me crazy, as it seems the waitress had one thing on her mind which was driving up the price of the dinner. Pretty good food, overpriced, ok service, small portions.

The pool area is nothing spectacular, but fit the bill when we didn't feel like hiking down to the beach. Food and drink are ridiculously priced, but hey, your at the Ritz. 13 bucks for a Bud Light if I remember correctly.

The beach - great water, good waves, point location gives a secluded feel. My only gripe about the beach is that it is public and it gets quite crowded. And because it is a public beach they do not serve food or drinks there. There is a small food stand right by the entrance if you are starving.

After 2 nights stay I asked the front desk if we can get our mattress changed as it wasn't very comfortable, I sank in the middle. She told us she would take care of it and have housekeeping check out the mattress. I am not certain what that meant, were they going to sit on it and provide their opinion. Another day passed and no word from the front desk and still the same mattress. Another visit back down to the front desk. This time they finally changed the mattress.

As a frequent business traveler, I was overall a little disappointed with our experience at the Ritz. I was not however, disappointed with the beauty of the location and resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid feedback. We greatly appreciate your time in reviewing our resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed our facility for the most part, and we look forward to welcoming back in the future for a much more positive experience. We care about your well being and want you to fully enjoy our true Ritz-Carlton mystique. Please contact our executive office directly for future reservations so we can assist you personally. Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Service was impeccible. All the staff went out of their way to help you. That was the highlight of this place. Rooms were well appointed, nicely decorated and clean.

For breakfast I loved the Huevos Rancheros. The crabs benedict (not on the menu in the weekend) was good too. At 180Blu, the nachos to share and salmon entree was great. Service at both Raya and 180Blu was great. They remembered our preference for juice/coffee etc at Raya on the 2nd day. My only grouse is with room service - it was exceedingly slow. They always said 30 minutes but took longer, even for a soup or a pot of hot chocolate.

Spa was beyond fabulous. My masseuse, Jenn Ryan (I think), was very good and customised my one hour massage to include a mini face and scalp massage. The massages are very expensive though. Double or more than the rate at most good spas. It is the Ritz Carlton though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for visiting us! We are delighted you enjoyed our location and service. We will be sure to share your thoughtful comments with our ladies and gentlemen; especially Jenn. Thank you for your constructive concerns about our In Room Dining response time as well. Your comments are taken seriously. We look forward to welcoming you back soon....we have many more unique experiences to share with you!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have always loved this resort. They have done a fantastic job renovating the hotel and the room was beautiful. So big and the bathroom was stunning, all marble! While the hotel is really nice it still feels comfortable. Their new patio/bar is stunning and we had a great night sitting out to watch the sunset and enjoy cocktails! Great music entertainment as well. Can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: It would be worth the extra money for Ocean View Rooms. Not all of the rooms at the hotel offer oce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy the simply breathtaking sunsets that we do nearly each and every day. They are truly amazing! Thank you for your wonderful comments. On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to serving you again very soon.

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!