“Costly, but worth the price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Celebrate Our 30 Years!
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Dana Point
Denver, Colorado
“Costly, but worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Bring your wallet and credits cards for you will need them, but the price is worth it! Fabulous food, wonderful rooms, beautiful views, private beach, quiet areas with a relaxing feel to the entire hotel. We took a stash of $2.00 bills for tipping and we did use them up as the staff is there to help you and you want to tip them. Felt like a true vacation were you sleep, relax, eat, and enjoy the sun and sand!

Room Tip: The rooms all have views of the pool area, beach, or golf course. Actually all rooms have very good...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our rooms, service, and facilities. We hoped you enjoyed every moment of our warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and creating more memorable experiences for you.

892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is perched above the beach with wonderful ocean views. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (without being special) - the beds are particularly good. The hotel is well mantained with attractive public areas. The staff levels are high and service is exceptionally pro-active, consistent and attentive - perhaps too much for some tastes! Our conference was extremely well supported by the hotel and participants gave consistently positive feedback on their stay. Food was delicious both in the main restaurant and throughout the conference. Leisure facilities are good but the beach and trails also provide a perfect place for exercise and fresh air.

Room Tip: Ask if you want an oceon view but pool view rooms are also pleasant.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about our resort. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
ottawa, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I joined my husband on a business trip here for three nights. Our room was on the first floor and we had a balcony with a fire place and a view of the ocean. A perfect place to sit and read a book have lunch or dinner and especially to watch the sunset. We ordered room service one night and sat outside beside the fire place everything was so good. The staff were excellent and gave me good advice as to how to spend my days. I had breakfast and dinner at Raya and the food was outstanding and again the great view of the ocean. It was suggested that I go to Laguna Beach one day and I had a great day, you could easily spend hours going into all the little shops and art galleries. From check in to check out the staff/service were amazing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our resort and the historic areas of Laguna Beach and Dana Point. We couldn't agree more, our surroundngs are phenomenal! We look forward to providing you with excellent service each and every time you visit. We have many memories to create for you!
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton was a very nice hotel. We didn't stay here but we did stop by the bar for a few drinks. The total price of the bill for one beer and one mid priced glass of glass of wine came to $33.40 but that's probably to be expected coming from the Ritz.

If you're going to stay here be prepared to shell out the money, but it's top-notch, very nice surroundings very nice interior unbeatable views from the deck highly recommended if you can afford it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for stopping by! We enjoyed having you and we hope you were able to take home a small memory from your quick visit. We look forward to your next visit and we hope you choose to stay overnight. Our sleep experience ranks amongst the best in the world!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here three nights for a business conference. Provides a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean and beach below. I found the service to be very friendly and engaged, but a bit too clingy as mentioned by another reviewer. The hotel is not large, but navigating to my room took some time with many twists and turns down a narrow hallway. I counted 150 paces from the elevator on my floor to my room. I arrived three days after daylight savings time ended, but found that my clock radio had not yet been adjusted. That is not the type of overlooked detail that I would expect at a Ritz Carlton, but thankfully I relied on my cell phone for wake up. During the day, the sound of room renovations above my room was very loud. While one might expect renovations to be occurring at an older hotel, I would have expected to have been informed at the time of check-in, which I was not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will use this information to ensure our processes are effective and appropriately in tact. We couldn't agree with you more that particular situations should have been avoided. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future so that
we may share with you our finished room enhancements, and provide you with the exceptional level of service we are known for.
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last month. The hotel itself is beautiful and all the common spaces are large, inviting and very nice. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. I had to have dinner by myself the first night. I ate in Raya and the server was very friendly and the food amazing! Took all his food suggestions and he was right. He even gave me a small taste of the soup of the day because it sounded so good, but I knew I couldn't eat a whole cup with what else I was ordering. Also ate breakfast twice in Raya - excellent huevos rancheros with amazing view of the surfers.
The female concierge (sorry I can't remember her name) was AMAZING!! Gave me all kinds of info. on local restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Detailed info. on how to get to shopping (while my husband was in meetings). She was fabulous!!
I sat out at the pool area which was very nice, great service and comfy chairs, but do wished it had faced the ocean.
Did have a spa treatment - facial. Very nice spa, though smaller then most (incl. other Ritz Carlton's) but great service and nice facial.
Our room was nice, and we had a fabulous view and a small balcony, but I thought the decorating was just a bit boring (only reason not giving it 5 stars). A little color, interesting art, or unique piece of furniture would have been nice. Bathroom was large and all marble with two sinks - very nice. Our 20 yo daughter stayed with us for two nights so we had a rollaway bed which fit nicely in the room and was no charge!! Also, our room was located right near the outdoor bar, so I was worried a bit about noise, but wasn't a problem. In fact, guitar player was playing great James Taylor, etc. so actually enjoyed the music a bit while my window was open.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We love your photos! Thank you so much for posting them! We are delighted you enjoyed our amazing property and our incredible team of ladies and gentlemen. We take great pride in providing warm, excellent, and refined service. We hope you and your family have a chance to return again soon. We look forward to welcoming you back!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Staff was overly friendly. Couldn't eat or do anything for being pestered by staff. Even a Hampton has coffee in room and free wireless Internet. Confusing to get around the property. Rooms are outdated and at night they came in, changed channels, hid remote, had to call front desk to find it. Don't provide hardly any towels and cleaned room very late afternoon

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
As always, we appreciate all the feedback our guests give us, thank you. We strive at all times to offer a level of personalized service that is amongst the best in the worlds. We do hope you were able to relax and enjoy yourself in our beautiful surroundings, and that you choose to recommend our property and return in the future. If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to our staff at any time at (949) 240-2000.

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!