“Nice, but very high priced!” 4 of 5 stars

Celebrate Our 30 Years
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Dana Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Nice, but very high priced!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton was a very nice hotel. We didn't stay here but we did stop by the bar for a few drinks. The total price of the bill for one beer and one mid priced glass of glass of wine came to $33.40 but that's probably to be expected coming from the Ritz.

If you're going to stay here be prepared to shell out the money, but it's top-notch, very nice surroundings very nice interior unbeatable views from the deck highly recommended if you can afford it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for stopping by! We enjoyed having you and we hope you were able to take home a small memory from your quick visit. We look forward to your next visit and we hope you choose to stay overnight. Our sleep experience ranks amongst the best in the world!

1,002 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here three nights for a business conference. Provides a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean and beach below. I found the service to be very friendly and engaged, but a bit too clingy as mentioned by another reviewer. The hotel is not large, but navigating to my room took some time with many twists and turns down a narrow hallway. I counted 150 paces from the elevator on my floor to my room. I arrived three days after daylight savings time ended, but found that my clock radio had not yet been adjusted. That is not the type of overlooked detail that I would expect at a Ritz Carlton, but thankfully I relied on my cell phone for wake up. During the day, the sound of room renovations above my room was very loud. While one might expect renovations to be occurring at an older hotel, I would have expected to have been informed at the time of check-in, which I was not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will use this information to ensure our processes are effective and appropriately in tact. We couldn't agree with you more that particular situations should have been avoided. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future so that
we may share with you our finished room enhancements, and provide you with the exceptional level of service we are known for.
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last month. The hotel itself is beautiful and all the common spaces are large, inviting and very nice. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. I had to have dinner by myself the first night. I ate in Raya and the server was very friendly and the food amazing! Took all his food suggestions and he was right. He even gave me a small taste of the soup of the day because it sounded so good, but I knew I couldn't eat a whole cup with what else I was ordering. Also ate breakfast twice in Raya - excellent huevos rancheros with amazing view of the surfers.
The female concierge (sorry I can't remember her name) was AMAZING!! Gave me all kinds of info. on local restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Detailed info. on how to get to shopping (while my husband was in meetings). She was fabulous!!
I sat out at the pool area which was very nice, great service and comfy chairs, but do wished it had faced the ocean.
Did have a spa treatment - facial. Very nice spa, though smaller then most (incl. other Ritz Carlton's) but great service and nice facial.
Our room was nice, and we had a fabulous view and a small balcony, but I thought the decorating was just a bit boring (only reason not giving it 5 stars). A little color, interesting art, or unique piece of furniture would have been nice. Bathroom was large and all marble with two sinks - very nice. Our 20 yo daughter stayed with us for two nights so we had a rollaway bed which fit nicely in the room and was no charge!! Also, our room was located right near the outdoor bar, so I was worried a bit about noise, but wasn't a problem. In fact, guitar player was playing great James Taylor, etc. so actually enjoyed the music a bit while my window was open.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We love your photos! Thank you so much for posting them! We are delighted you enjoyed our amazing property and our incredible team of ladies and gentlemen. We take great pride in providing warm, excellent, and refined service. We hope you and your family have a chance to return again soon. We look forward to welcoming you back!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Staff was overly friendly. Couldn't eat or do anything for being pestered by staff. Even a Hampton has coffee in room and free wireless Internet. Confusing to get around the property. Rooms are outdated and at night they came in, changed channels, hid remote, had to call front desk to find it. Don't provide hardly any towels and cleaned room very late afternoon

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
As always, we appreciate all the feedback our guests give us, thank you. We strive at all times to offer a level of personalized service that is amongst the best in the worlds. We do hope you were able to relax and enjoy yourself in our beautiful surroundings, and that you choose to recommend our property and return in the future. If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to our staff at any time at (949) 240-2000.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed the weekend here to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. We were welcomed upon entering the property by the manager of guest relations. He introduced himself, the hotel and its amenities and gave us his card in case we had any issues during our stay. From the bags being brought to the room, to our room being explained to us, strawberries being dropped off in our room in recognition of the birthday to the final greeting as we departed the next day...our stay was PERFECT. We enjoyed dinner at enoSTEAK and the service provided by Tyler and Tyler was exceptional. They attended to our every need and made good recommendations when pairing the right wine to our steak. The next morning we had breakfast at RAYA,..the stunning view of the beach and ocean below while enjoying the most fabulous Huevos Rancheros and a delicious cup of coffee was a great end to our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of our spectacular resort! We love your photos! On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel for your special celebration. We hope we created memories for you that will last a life time. We can't wait for you to come back....we have much more in store for you!
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I combined business and pleasure and stayed at the Ritz from 10/13-10/20/12.

While the hotel and its location were great, it was the friendliness and customer oriented staff that really made the trip. In fact, we quickly had the feeling that we were among family and friends. The concierge, Cindy exuded enthusiasm and charm. Matt, chef at Raya, was unbelievably helpful with my wife's salt-restricted diet and always came out to check on us. Our frequent server at Raya, Rachel, became our adopted daughter. Dean was also terrific in Raya.
All staff from reception thru housekeeping had a quick smile, great eye contact and a great greeting for us.

Unforgettable stay and we do hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

A total gem! Stunning vistas, Incredible service from top to bottom. A notable point for those who like to work out. The gym is very well equipped with some of the best views of the Pacific Ocean It 's the place to stay if your visiting the Laguna area.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!