Our family planned a quick getaway for New Years to Dana Point or so we though, actually I forgot to make the reservation! After finding out the hotel we normally stay at was booked I started looking around and found this hotel. We’ve seen this location before but always remembered it as a Holiday Inn Express. Happily my search found rooms available so our trip was saved!
When we arrived the first thing we noticed was how clean the exterior of property was. The parking area was a little cramped but manageable. The receptionist was very pleasant and attentive, within minutes we had our room keys.
The room was nicely appointed with 2 LCD TV’s, a setting area, two very comfortable queen beds; it was nice to find a small refrigerator for guest use. The room was quiet with very little road or adjoining room noise. A full hot breakfast is offered, the area is very small for the number of people trying to eat as well as they were always out of food so people were standing around waiting to be the first for the next pans of food. We opted to pass on the food so we can’t offer any comments on the quality but one could surmise since there was a line it must have been good food.
There is a pool and small work out facility located on the end of the building, no hot tub.
My only minus is the fee for parking, at $10/night it's not a deal breaker but it is self park.
Overall this location is perfect for a family or couple wanting a reasonable location to stay in Dana Pont. We will be back and this may just be our regular hotel when we visit the area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dana Point Harbor - Doheny Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Dana Point Harbor - Doheny Beach Hotel Dana Point
- Holiday Inn Express Dana Point
- Holiday Inn Dana Point
- Dana Point Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dana Point Harbor, Doheny Beach. Conveniently located on Pacific Coast Highway and minutes to Laguna Beach, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Camp Pendleton, the Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, and the Montage Resort and Spa. Our AAA rated hotel features 34 comfortable two-room suites with partial ocean views from their balcony and 8 spacious king suites with Jacuzzi tubs for two. All rooms (with the exception of ADA Rooms) have Jacuzzi tubs. All rooms have two phones with voice mail; one with speaker. We are conveniently located 1 block from the Dana Point Harbor and Doheny State Beach, known for its fine beaches, recreational activities, specialty shops, restaurants and fine art galleries. Whale watching excursions are offered in Dana Point harbor during the California Gray Whale migration. The hotel is located just two miles from both San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente, four miles from Laguna Beach. Weekly rates available based on a 7 night stay. Contact the hotel directly for details and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Shores Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.