“Summary of my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34402 Pacific Coast Highway, Dana Point, CA 92629   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dana Point
Las Vegas, United States
“Summary of my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Guest services was professional and met the Hilton standard. A small but clean hotel conveniently located by the beach and other restaurants in that small community. A nice little outdoor/indoor lounge at the tip of the hotel with a nice view of the ocean. I found it relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DohenyBeachGM, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Steven,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. I have shared your kind comments with the team members as I visited their areas this week. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Richard Uribe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Henderson, NV, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

You had to pay to park in their underground parking garage. You also had to pay daily for the internet in your room. Unlike other Double Tree hotels which include these in the price of the room. As a Hilton Honor rewards members I think these should be included.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DohenyBeachGM, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback about some of our charges, we try hard at making these fees known ahead of time thru our website as well as thru those of our booking partners. Internet fees are a brand standard, some Hilton Honors members do receive it complimentary as a benefit based on status. Please feel free to reach out to me with your HH number and I'll be happy to look it up and credit accordingly. Thank you very much for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon as a valued member of Hilton Honors.

Kind Regards,

2Reviewers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ok, you can't find a better location for a reasonably priced hotel anywhere on the So Cal beaches. It's basically right across the street! Yeah, it can be tricky to get to. Yeah, they charge $22 a day for parking. But come on- most of the rooms face the ocean! It's a little outdated- definitely needs some sprucing up. The room colors and furniture are a dated, some of the furniture is stained, but the room we were in was fairly large and had a double glass door that closed completely between the sitting room (with pull out couch) and the bedroom. The cleaning staff probably needs better training as we had some 'uh hunh' moments there. AC and bathroom fan are noisy. The bathroom is absolutely miniscule!!!!! The public areas, including pool and jacuzzi, are spotless, although both are quite small. The desk staff is very friendly and accommodated every request politely and quickly. Plus you get tasty chocolate chip cookies every day just for the asking! There is a roof top seating area with a bar and music on the weekends. Just right - relax with a drink, listening to good music, while watching the waves. And if you like your dogs- bring them along. Pet friendly hotel! We'd stay here again - but we wouldn't expect Hilton quality.

Room Tip: Check your room for cleanliness before moving in. Suites are better if you can get one. ASK for ocea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DohenyBeachGM, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello. I sincerely appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your review. I will be reviewing your valuable feedback with our Director of Housekeeping so that we can pay closer attention to detail as well as recognize the team members that oversee the public space and pool. Thank you! We are scheduled to begin a full renovation in the fall, we all are excited about it and look forward to have our product refreshed. I hope we have it all completed by the time you visit us again. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

General Manager.
l.a.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked here to attend the Doheny Surf Fest (my brother's Fisher Boards was a vendor) and a voiceover live podcast in Irvine. I arrived early and was informed that I would not be able to check in early. I returned at 3 pm to check in and was told the room was not ready. An HOUR AND A HALF later the only option to get a shower and make it to Irvine on time was to take a smoking room. I reserved non. I was between a rock and a hard place and took the room. There was no toilet paper and only a handful of tissues. Most of which had been stuffed in the AC vent centered high on the wall directly over the head of the bed. I jumped up to take them out and discovered they were damp with a brown liquid, likely nicotine stains on the vent but who knows. Disgusting. There were brochures that were stained having obviously been used as a placemat and or coaster for food and beverages. A toothpaste cap was under the table in the main room. The remote had something sticky on it. The room itself was well worn to the point of grungy. It was also a ground floor room with sliding glass doors leading to a parking circle on the side of the hotel? Left me feeling not very safe or secure. When I returned that evening there was construction going on 25 yards away until 3, 4 am with an earth mover back up signal blaring almost constantly. Hotel noise next door and from the room above was quite loud as well with slamming doors well into the late night hours. I was told that I would be getting a rate reduction but it wasn't reflected on the receipt they slip under the door. I had to call when I returned home but they without hesitation gave me a 50% reduction on the very high, for the lack of amenities and services, rate. I know that most of the oceanside hotels in socal are well worn for obvious reasons but this took the proverbial cake! Live and learn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greetings. Thank you very much for your review, your feedback is important, appreciated and valuable. I have shared your candid comments with the members of the management team so that the proper practices are put in place in an effort to improve as we move forward. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I truly hope you give us an opportunity to better serve you next time you visit Dana Point, thank you very much for your participation.

MC CALLA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was there from June 3,2014 to June 24,2014. the wonderful hotel staff was really the only reason I stayed this time. I was not given a very good room so did not really enjoy staying there like I did in times past.

Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and for the recognition of our wonderful team members. I have shared with them as I visited their areas, thank you! Your loyalty and complete satisfaction are both very important to us all here. Please send me a quick note once your next reservation is made so that we can look at different room options for your stay. Thank you very much for the opportunity, I look forward to being of assistance and service to you.

Warm Regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

1. There was an angry man at the check-in desk when I arrived (angry because he had to pay for his internet even though he had status with hotel) so ALL the front desk people were focused on him rather than helping others (including me) who were waiting to check in.
2. I actually had to ask if I had remembered to give them my Hilton Honors number because Hilton always thanks me upon arrival. Her only response was, "Yes."
3. She handed me cookies which were quite burnt (actually black on the bottom).
4. I asked if I had a nice room with any sort of view. She said, "Yes." I did have a nice room with a view of the PCH, train tracks and parking lot.
5. Neither of my keys worked so I had to haul all of my luggage back down on the world's slowest elevator to get two more keys.
6. I was put in a room next to someone who must have been traveling with a large group of friends/family because young boys kept POUNDING on MY door at all hours of the night thinking it was the next door neighbor's door!
7. There was 1, yes 1, garbage in the entire suite which was in the bathroom. None in the living room where the kitchen/coffee area was, none in the bedroom area.

This is certainly not the type of service I usually receive from Hilton hotels. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DohenyBeachGM, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Stephanie,

Thank you very much for your review. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your most recent stay with us. I have shared your valuable feedback with the managers responsible for the areas mentioned, we will work together on improving so that we can better serve you next time you visit our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to Hilton Honors, we appreciate your status.

Warm Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights for a work function, I live local so I know the area well. I am a Hilton Honors club member but that was hardly recognized at this hotel. The location is nice as it is close to the beach but that is where it ends. The rooms are dated although they appear to have been remolded. The bathroom is the smallest you have ever seen with no room to but anything anywhere, I was afraid my tooth brush was going to fall in the toilet. I asked for a room change but I was told they are all the same. Someone called after I checked in to ask me how the room was and I voiced my displeasure, she offered two drink coupons, 1 each for my wife and I. When I got to the bar during happy hour I was told the coupon was only good for a domestic beer or glass of wine, boy did that make me feel better. The staff is not very friendly and the management was week. I wouldn't recommend unless you don't have a better choice. Our company will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel as I was informed all rooms are the same by two different front desk employees.
Hello Chris,

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of your guestroom and we’re sorry you were disappointed with the bathroom. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We are in the planning stage of our upcoming renovation this year, I hope to welcome you back once we complete it. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time. Your Hilton Honors Status is appreciated very much by us all here at the Doubletree Doheny Beach! Thank you for your review.

Richard Uribe

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point? Share your experiences!