We stayed here because it is within walking distance of Doheny Beach where the Doheny Blues Festival was. Next time, we'll drive.
The hotel is is need of updating. The elevators, hallways, bathrooms, etc are appeared old and dingy. The room smelled like mildew. I know it's near the beach but that's no excuse not to use Lysol. It's also not very close to the beach, two streets and a RV campground before you reach the beach.
We didn't get a good night sleep, the room above us had someone playing guitar and stomping his foot. When I went to call the front desk to complain, I discovered the phone didn't work.
The hotel was expensive for a doubletree. If it was really beachfront or really nice, I could see paying what I did. I assume the raised the price to take advantage of those attending the blues festival.
The chocolate chip cookies were good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in enchanting Dana Point, Orange County midway between Los Angeles and San Diego along the Pacific Coast Highway, our hotel has proven a consistently popular choice among beach city tourists, wedding planners and business guests looking to turn that conference travel into an impromptu Southern California vacation getaway. Whether you are here for work or play, we've made sure there's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point Hotel Dana Point
- Doubletree Dana Point
- Doubletree Hotel Dana Point