“Wonderful Place for a Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 111 Restaurants in Dana Point
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana Point Harbor Drive
Vista, California
“Wonderful Place for a Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just celebrated a friend's 86th Birthday here. Just great food, most of had the Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi which was excellent. Washed it down with a Mai Tai which was perfect. Shared one Mud Pie among 6 of us and it was plenty. Beautiful views of the bay and the boats. Terrific Service. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013

“Best calamari happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

First off this is my favorite place to celebrate the smallest to the grandest things life has .... dont let the older crowd bother you ... i am always the youngest and i love it !! The calamari is superb. Also Cora is the sweetest waitress they have .. I always look for her section;)
Hands down best happy around !!
Love the lounge chairs too ...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Harpoon Henry's - High Class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant! From the moment we walked in, totally top service.
Host seated us in a booth when we asked, drinks were prompt and our water glasses came out chilled. The waiter was conversational and friendly, and knew the menu and prices off by heart. He reccomnded the tuna stack to me, but seared, which was just delicious. Starters were prompt and in proportion, all the mains were amazing, and the waiter kept an eye on our drinks all evening. My brother managed to fit dessert in, and the whole meal was so reasonable. Will definitely be coming back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Poor service, lousy vegetarian options”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Lovely view of harbor.

Ordered a salad with dressing on the side, arrived soaked in dressing. I was tired of waiting and hungry, but should have sent it back. Asked for more rolls - none delivered. My only beverage was water after a long day in the sun, they refilled it twice in 2 hours, so I left as thirsty as I arrived. No pasta on menu. Asked for a vegetable plate - received asparagus and rice (I like asparagus and it was prepared well). The waiter described other vegetables when I ordered, but they didn't make it out of the kitchen. Wait staff is college kids on summer break and similar low-skilled others.

Kids meals were delivered with about 2 pounds of french fries. Happy kids. Sad dad.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Time for Sunday Breakfast- YUMMY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of once again eating at Harpoon Henry's this past Sunday. I went for lunch but ended up having breakfast for lunch! I had the Crab Cake Benedict, it was amazing! It wasn't what I was expecting it was so much better!!!!! I was expecting the typical crab cake smashed together and put on the english muffin. This Crab Cake Benedict was not that at all. The crab pieces were big and tasty, you could really tell you had crab. It was by far one of the best Crab Cakes I have ever tasted!! When you go I highly recommend getting the Crab Cake Benedict!!!! YUMMY

• Visited June 2013