“Very enjoyable breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Encino
“Very enjoyable breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Again, I have to thank Tripadvisor and it's members for posting this restaurant on their site.

I had probably the best omelet I have ever had. I wanted to try and avoid the pricy hotel and resort restaurants and decided to go here after reading all the favorable reviews. Well, I can't say I am sorry. I just wish they were more local to me so I could keep going back and trying new things.

Service was very good and the waitress made you feel at home. I will be coming back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia
“Good breakfast - friendly and quick service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Had breakfast here on a rainy day. Staff was super friendly.I had an egg beaters omelet with veggies and opted for sliced tomatoes on the side in lieu of hash browns. The place is obviously popular as all the tables were filled and a few parities were waiting when we left. Everything was great. I recommend it!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
United States
“What a terrific find for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Service and food could not be more pleasant for a breakfast in the harbor. A big improvement over hotel breakfast. Loved this place. Went with large group

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Groveland, California
“Over-rated and Contributing to your Heart Attack”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We dined at RJ's on a Sunday morning with 6 in the family. We waited for over an hour for a table, which seems to be the norm, but would NEVER wait that long there again.
I looked at the breakfasts with grease, grease, grease... fried potatoes, french toast with cream cheese inside, breakfast burritos so large you must take home half. There is no nutritional information on the menu, but I estimate at least 5000 calories and over 100 GM of fat in some of those meals. A lot of food also went to waste.
You can choose items on the menu that are healthier (I didn't seem many people doing that however). I choose the vegetarian sandwich- mushrooms, tomatoes, and other veges on a fried sandwich, and a side salad with very watery ranch dressing- all pretty tasteless. One other at the table choose an egg white and spinach omelet with fruit.
Obviously from the crowd it is popular place, but I wouldn't return.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“BREAKFAST OR LUNCH-YOU CHOOSE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

After getting up early-ish to get packed and depart, I decided to stay an extra night in Dana Point. Since I was already up & dressed-decided to finally get to RJ's. it's obvious this is a great place, It is definitly a diner complete with the aromas, freindly conversations, etc. It is also the place in town to go for an infiormal breakfast or luinch. It's always full with a waiting list. I went for breakfast which was excellent. Eggs sunny side up-perfectly done, toast actually toasted with butter 9or spread) not the kind thrown on the grill with the grilling oil and great fried potatoes. It was after 11 when I went and people were coming in for lunch as well as breakfast. The ladies behind me had fish & chips and you could smell that the fish was wonderfully fresh-it smelled so good (and I was full of breakfast). I intend to go back for lunch next time, but who knows-maybe breakfast again. PS. they are only open for breakfast & lunch.

• Visited February 2012