“Pretty Good Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Crown Valley Pkwy
Laguna Niguel, Ca.
“Pretty Good Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is slightly pricey but if you can make Happy Hour, you can get a good stiff Stoli martini with blue cheese-stuffed olives for only 6 bucks. Just get there well before the early 6:30 PM cut off time.
I also like the Thai chicken salad with pasta, cheery tomatoes, mango and a hint of mint- about $14- not too bad.
This place is casual yet somewhat upscale at the same time. Sort of like a place to kick back for the white, upper middle class, middle-aged to older, beachside-dwelling south Orange County crowd (in other words, I fit right in).
I could make improvements, but overall, worth a visit.
If you become a regular be sure and get a Salt Creek Grill card and give it to your waitress when you pay your bill. After several visits you'll have enough for a free dinner.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dana Point, California
“A little spice?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice setting, surprisingly intimate considering it's on a very busy corner of PCH & Crown Valley in Dana Point. Service is sincere and warm. Really seem to be on top of needs, whether something's over cooked, cold, warm, it's handled.
Unfortunately I'm not crazy about their Dinner Menu. I'm sure there's something for most people, but all their food seems to come spicy, even the salads.
I tried the filet mignon, which thankfully wasn't peppered enough to kill off my taste buds, but certainly wasn't worth $39! It was overcooked, but our waiter took it away immediately. Unfortunately my dinner partner was nearly finished by the time I got to eat.
Restaurant is fine, but living within walking distance we very seldom go more than once a year.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Expected to see the Real Housewives of OC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great food and service even though we felt like we were being rushed. Even better for watching the pretty tan locals on a Saturday night.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Place to eat outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here twice in our vacation as the outside area is great. The atmosphere is wonderful and is aided by a live DJ playing some great tunes. The food is good, had an awesome cheeseburger and the devilled eggs are lovely. The ribs were average had little meat on them, especially disappointed after the waiter told us they were the best ribs ever- not the case !! Would definitely return- Thursdays is half price martinis !!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, Utah, United States
“Best meal of our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After a week of eating out, this was hands down the best meal I have had in California. It is a bit pricy, but worth it. I had the BBQ chicken and ribs - Super tender and flavorful (probably best I have ever eaten). It comes with a side of cole slaw and baked beans. Not a fan of slaw so I exchanged for garlic french fries. The small side of baked beans were also some of the best I have ever eaten. My wife got the Pork Chop and really loved it. My son (17yrs) got the Stroganoff and was disappointed when he saw my plate. He said it was good, but not as good as mine (as he proceeded to eat half my meal!).

Here I am a day later still reliving that meal--That's how good it was. I can't vet for anything else, but if you go there order the BBQ chicken and ribs with garlic fries and baked beans you will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013