“THE Surfcamp” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Activities in Dana Point
Type: Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your unique California Surf experience.Great atmosphere, well trained Surfguides and a clean Camp will give you a memory for your lifetime. California is the place, where Surfing is meant to be - discover with us the public and secrets Surfspots from the locals, have great Food and exiting Trips around Los Angeles and San Diego.
Graz, Österreich
“THE Surfcamp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Well there are surfcamps and there is TheCaliCamp. So let me skip the part about how nice and great California, the hotel and the food was, about the parties in Hollywood, Laguna or Newport or how friendly and welcoming all the people were. Everybody knows that. Everybody expects that. You'll get that here. No worries.
For me the CaliCamp is all about surfing. To my surprise it felt much more being on a surftrip in SoCal with my new buddies than actually being thought how to surf in a surfschool environment. Their teaching methods are quite different as well. There is no such thing as riding soft-tops in crowded white water with hundreds of groms around you. You surf alone. Every day. At a different spot. They'll hunt the best waves for you up and down the southern Californian coast. Local style. I have surfed a little before but haven't really been able to get up on the board when I got to the CaliCamp. Dave and Riley worked on my stance and timing on the wave while showing me a fabulous time in California. It has been incredible. And in case I was tired and wanted to go skydiving or jet skiing for a day while getting my sore shoulders a massage, those boys got it done. They treated me like a king and I am pretty sure Dave can pull rabbits out of his hat, even though I haven't seen him doing that. After 4 weeks of hardcore surfing and constantly pushing my limits they got an Austrian (!) snowman like me barreled.I don't wanna use stereotypes, but that doesn't happen very often. Incredible job boys. I never thought that this day would come.

So regardless if you want to push your surfing to the maximum or if you are just looking for a nice and easy going vacation and catching some waves, the CaliCamp is surely the place to be in California. Unchallenged.

Visited July 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Best vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had the best time ever in San Clemente! The surf guides are very professional and I never felt unsafe or insecure. They teach you everything. They drive you to very cool surf spots and you are going to be spoiled !!! It was more than I imaged. After the surf lessons, they still look after you, go out with you, have diner or drinks... Very private and personal.
The hotel is good and clean, breakfast is good, around the hotel are enough restaurants to eat or drink something, nearby there are some shops as well. The beach is right across the street. Perfect location.
If you ever want to have a great time (surfing and living the lifestyle) in California, go to TheCaliCamp.

Visited May 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
“Supergenial”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great surf camp. Friendly people.
Had a great time.