“Small Place, great food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Californian, Healthy, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Birmingham
“Small Place, great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wow it was great. Small place, order at the counter. We had the chicken sandwiches on ciabatta bread. Fries are big potato wedges and delicious !
Come with ranch dressing and ketchup for dipping.
Very reasonably priced too.

Yuma, Arizona
“Good but just missed being great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We arrived in mid-afternoon and my wife and I both chose burgers. She had a bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and the "spuds", while I opted for the Schwack with bacon, cheese, and an egg on top and an Asian cabbage salad. First of all, the sides were awesome. The tartness of the salad was refreshing but not overwhelming and the spuds were perfect. My wife commented that she wished the potatoes would have been a bit thinner cut, but I like a big bite of potato so I thought they were great. As for the burgers, they were almost great. The seasoning, the bacon, and the cheese were all fantastic, but both of our burgers were slightly overcooked and a bit dry. Had they been juicy we would be singing the praises of this place, but given the dry burgers we had to take it down a slight notch.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Clemente, California
“Great tasting burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Restaurant name is really Shwack (http://www.theshwack.com/index.html)
3 Nov 2013, Sunday noon: Still great outdoor seating weather. Ordered BIG AL'S BACON BURGER ($5.95) with jalapenos, the SHWACK BURGER ($3.95) with mushrooms and cheese, the GROUNDSWELL AHI TUNA BURGER ($8.95) and SHWACK SPUDS (french fires). The burgers are better than The Habit, A's Burger and In n Out burgers. The fries and burgers were outstanding. The Ahi burger was on the plain side but was a large piece of fish.

They do not have enough tables for the amount of customers during prime time. Dog friendly outdoor seating with heat lamps.

Although they have a $600 surfboard and burger combo, both cashiers did not know any detail about the boards. It appears to be all promotional hype since the two cashiers have not seen it ordered.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were craving a juicy, perfect size and tasty burger - and the Scwack did not dissapoint in any way. Fast food feeling with personal and gourmet touche in a strange way. Good beer selection.

Visited October 2013
White Salmon, Washington
“Taco heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I enjoy a great fish taco, but it is hard to find one that isn't breaded or has fresh fish. A lot of establishments will tell you that it is fresh fish, but then why is it breaded?? The tacos I got at the Schwack were not only fresh, they were so fresh they were still swimming!! I have never enjoyed that fresh of a fish taco in my life!! I only wish that I lived closer so I could continually visit the Schwack.

I also was truly amazed that they got the idea of fresh and spicy together so that the heat of the salsa didn't overpower the flavor! Like I said if the tacos were that good I wish I had more time to sample the rest of the menu. Next time you are in Dana Point and are looking for a fantastic casual dining experience you should give this little gem a try. I wish they has a T shirt that said You survived a Schwack Attack or something so I could bring it home and brag about them some more!

• Visited October 2013