Enjoy PoolTable, BBQ and Walking to the Beach!

Lots of Beach, fun, and more...
Enjoy this recently remodeled & well equipped house.
Relax in the comfort of this living room after a day at the Beach.
Living room has WiFi-connected Home Theater system and HDTV.
Kitchen & dining area
Dana Point
Rental Home –
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

scsos
Redding, California
“Quiet place to get away and close to Disneyland, it's a win-win!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

My husband and I needed a get away vacation but our kids have been wanting to go to Disneyland for several years. This well appointed and comfortable vacation home was a perfect fit for us. The house is clean and inviting and a short drive to Disneyland and other SoCal attractions. Next time we'll make time to go see the Mission at San Juan Capistrano. We found a great pizza place and sandwich shop in Dana Point and Jack's is a huge surf shop. Because of the convenient location we were able to spend some relaxing time on the beach and take the kids to Disneyland; this place made our vacation a win-win!

Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the informative review and hope to have you guys back sometime soon :)
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Redding
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Feb 25, 2014
Glad you guys enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to seeing you guys back at our Capistrano Beach rental house!
Jennifer...
Bellevue, Washington
“Comfortable with perfect location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband's only condition in agreeing to come along for a Legoland/Disneyland trip with our 9 and 6 year old is to NOT stay anywhere NEAR the theme parks. He doesn't mind driving, even in the notorious California traffic, he just need a restful place to return to after spending hours in theme parks. After reading reviews after reviews on Trip Advisor, and consulting Google map, I found this rental and decided it would fit the criteria - easy access to highways, in between Anaheim and San Diego, and close proximity to beautiful beaches. This rental delivered all these and more.
First, the house itself - Unit A is the front portion of the house, a good size for a family of 4, clean and nicely maintained. The kitchen is well equipped, everything is in working order. It would have been perfect if there is a dishwasher, since kids can generate an annoying amount of dishes, but now that I know about the drought in California, I understand it's probably not a good idea. The one thing that truly impressed me was the pillows. I've slept in countless hotels/BnBs/vacation rentals in countless countries, and it's weird I know, but to me, the quality of the pillows is a sign of how much the property owner cares about the comfort of his guests. A good night sleep really make or break one's vacation, and since both my husband and I were fighting/recovering from a cold, a just-right bed with nice comfy pillows made a great difference to our stay.
Next, the location - it's located in a nice quiet neighbourhood. My husband needed his solo early morning walks and he commented that it is a very pleasantly walkable place. He did walk all the way to the beach following the directions provided, but it was a bit steep for me and the kids so we drove instead. The beach is more a walking beach though, not exactly swimming safe for kids. We drove a little bit north and found Dana Cove Park, a much more kids-friendly white sandy cove. One cautionary note - do not follow Google map directions to get off I-5. We did the first couple times and realized we should have follow the directions provided in the Guest guidebook instead, much easier. We drove south on I-5 to San Diego twice - once to LegoLand and then to SeaWorld. The traffic wasn't bad at all since it was weekend, and we had great view of the Pacific Ocean to boot. Then heading North to Disneyland on a Monday morning - I must say the traffic wasn't as bad as we anticipated, especially when we got on the HOV lane.
Finally, the owner Ross is responsive and attentive. I never have to wait for his reply, and he is just a nice person to correspond with.
All in all, we had a wonderful time, especially the kids. When next we find ourselves in Southern CA again, we would definitely return to this rental property.

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks Jennifer for all the kind words, and glad you guys enjoyed the place and the neighborhood. Hope to see you guys back soon, perhaps during summer when you guys can have more fun at our beach swimming, surfing,... :) Thanks again. Ross
Matt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
Happy Family
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
from
$99
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 18 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing