It's a beautiful property and staff is generally great.
Here are some things that may help on your next stay...
First off, resort fee is $25 / day, regardless of what you paid for the room...(Cash or points)
IF you are a SPG platinum member, you get $10 off this resort fee per each day, so it comes down to $15 / day.
Internet and spa is included through this $25 resort fee...but at 1.5MB download speed, I can honestly say....REALLY!?
There is no onsite parking except valet parking, which is $35 / day
If you are staying for multiple days, that REALLY adds up quick.
If you are willing to make a small walk, you can drop your party and your luggage, and take your car out of the property and street park on Stonehill Dr for free. (check the map, it's one block over from the hotel)
Neighborhood is pretty safe and I did not worry about my Mercedes parked out there for 3 days during my stay. I'm not the only one out there parked, so...
Make sure not to park on Friday between posted hours during cleaning.
SPG platinums on property receive 10% off all dining & beverage as well as $40 credit breakfast at Motif. We went ahead and ate the breakfast brunch, which is $33 per person, but with the 10% discount and the $40 credit, it came out super cheap.
In any case, the breakfast brunch was on par and it didn't disappoint.
PROS : Beautiful property. Great pools, easy access to the private beach.
CON : Access to beach is via short ride on the tram, but can take a long time when it gets crowded. Restaurants at the Stonetavern and Motif for dinner were disappointing, as in the previous stays. They seem to have trouble with TURF portion of their menu....i.e., filet mignon tasted like ground beef instead of ...well, BEEF. Their fish was great, and I have no complaints there. I just wished they changed up the restaurants on property. It lacks flavor and...taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach