I spent 8 nights at this hotel in a very nice suite. At first glance and walking through the hotel and property, you definitely get a feeling that it is a top notch property. The problem is that it has no soul - no feel to it. It is cold and sterile. The majority of employees walk right past you or are too involved in conversations with other employees. Everything is "by the book". Everything is based upon your Starwood level. If you are a top Starwood points person, they will pay some attention to you. If not, forget it. As I said I spent 8 nights there and generally ended every evening in the bar. By the time I left, none of the employees had bothered to remember my name or what I drank. Same goes for the valets. In and out multiple times a day for 8 days and they still didn't know my name or my car. Compare that to The Montage just down the road (and in a better location right on the water). There, they will quickly learn your name and great you everywhere as though you are family. The hotel has a comfortable - I could live here - fee to it. St. Regis, you need to take lessons from The Montage on how to treat your guests.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach