As others have noted this is a lovely resort and only a few years old. The views are stunning, the staff nice and friendly. My concerns are the quality of the rooms which are not designed for the business traveller. I know that my expectations are perhaps out of place given the type of resort but given the meetings which were ther and the appeal for conferences I would have expected some better room amenities. There were no outlets in the room to charge the devices we all carry. The desks not truly suitable for work. The wireless not very fast and requiring several pages jus to connect.
No coffee maker in the room; but there was water. The in room safe did not work in my room. The balcony door had a security lock that was more for show and would not have stopped anyone who truly wanted access.
The grounds and meeting places were nice but the complaint from all (men and women) was the effort to find bathrooms which were far away and not clearly marked. The spa and fitness area was incredible and I enjoyed the time in the lap pool and fitness room.
In closing it is a beautiful property and I would return for a more relaxing non-business visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach