“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dana Point
Scottsdale
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoy the St Regis in New York and while traveling to CA booked a room at this hotel.
It is worth every star and more!
The rooms were pure luxury!
It is a hike to the Ocean, but worth it!
the scenery is awesome!

• Stayed December 2012
SRMB, Executive Offices at St. Regis, Monarch Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear diann w
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your recent stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed there over Labor Day weekend. One of the finest and most beautiful resorts ever. Our room facing the golf course and ocean was spotless with a nice balcony to enjoy the view and morning coffee. The beach area was lovely. The staff sets up chairs and umbrellas and there are drinks and food right there . The shuttle is a short , pleasant ride through the golf course. Anyone who complains about that (I read one review that said "I am not a shuttle person ") must be a real snooty sort. The resaturants Motif and Stonehill were great and the staff were uniformly nice and responsive. What's not to like ?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear homerluvsduff
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed your holiday weekend with us- including our short ride down to the beach, please come visit us again soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I pretty much live on the road! I have either platinum or gold status at all three major hotel chains. I usually call the platinum reservation numbers and usually speak with nice, helpful people. Christina Boucher stands out amongst the rest! She is above and beyond friendly and helpful, from everything from finding good room rates to booking spa treatments to dinner reservations. I will be staying at the St Regis this weekend and after speaking with Christina, I have high expectations! I will update this review with information regarding the actual stay, but I really wanted to comment on the wonderful first impression that I have with this hotel. :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer G.
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review of one of our associates. We look forward to hearing your review of your upcoming stay. If there is anything we can do to anticipate your arrival please reach out to our reservations team directly at 949-234-3900.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

All the amenities you can think of in a single property, tennis, golf, pools, private beach, and a variety of dining options that will satisfy the most demanding foodie (watch for your wallet though).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear maximosaravi-
Thank you for the wonderful review and your recent stay. We look forward to your return.
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wonderful time. Great for families. Maybe can't handle full capacity as pool ran out of towels. Rooms are very nice but carpets need refreshing. Have kid programs some evenings. Need to take a small bus to the beach but it runs often enough.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Bunkbed21-
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for visiting our resort. We do have kids club year round and offer children's activities during the summer months – s’mores and story time for example. Please come visit us again soon!
New york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First of all this hotel is NOT on the beach. We booked this trip through American Express Platinum and had all the perks of Amex, however, the hotel did not give us the complimentary upgrade. Was a bit disappointed.Ths hotel is built into a hill so you enter on a high floor and go down. A bit getting use to but after a few day you get it. The room was large and lovely but faced a field. Was disappointed again. The best view off the hotel is the outside dining area where they serve their breakfast buffet. Actually there was also another area off the back of the hotel that had outside seating and fire pits that was really beautiful. I believe it was on the floor below the restaurant. There were at least 4 weddings over the weekend which was why the hotel was so crowded. Peering at one bride and her wedding party taking pictures below our room balcony, I felt like an uninvited guest. We waved anyway. The pool area is very small and was completely booked. We did have a nice hostess who perused the area to find two lounge chairs with umbrellas. We wedged in between 2 parties. I was literally on top of the young boy next me completing his summer reading. The pool area is tiny in comparison to the size of the hotel. It's a good thing we didn't plan to spend much time there. They do have a shuttle to the beach, but I am not a shuttle person. The food at the breakfast buffet was wonderful with many choices. We had dinner at the hotels steak house and the food again was great. Be prepared to spend an extra $100.00 a night for taxes and other fees. I hear the spa is wonderful but did plan any spa treatments this trip. My husband and I had a wonderful stay but next time I think we will choose a hotel directly on the ocean.

Room Tip: Book an oceanview room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SRMB, Executive Offices at St. Regis, Monarch Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear charlotte55
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for your recent stay. You are correct we are not directly on the beach but just a short tram ride away. Thank you for the kind words about the Lobby Lounge Terrace (with the fire pits) and Stonehill Tavern, located on the fifth floor. Your comments will be shared with our team and we hope you will visit again soon to experience our five star spa. Happy Travels.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at this property 3-4 times over the past several years and only have one complaint - check in process. It seems each time I visit this hotel, I have arrived around 4 or 5 pm, expecting to check in to my room, but each time have had to wait at least 45 minutes to an hour while they "get my room ready". This is an enormous property, but if you say check-in is at 3:30, all rooms should be available for check-in at 3:30. If not, it would be nice to get a phone call at the very least, giving me a heads up that we cannot check in on-time and give me a time that the room will be available and stick to it. It is also frustrating, that while I sit waiting for my room, others who were in line behind me are being given their rooms with no problem. If management could fix the check-in process, there would be nothing left to complain about this hotel.

Once you do get a room, the service is impeccable, everything from the linens, to the expansive bathroom and balcony, to the room service. It's all amazing. The room service is comparable to a 5-star restaurant and they can make anything - even if it isn't on the menu. They definitely are there to please you.

Also - the spa is fantastic, and complimentary with your resort stay, so I would highly suggest checking that out!

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool/courtyard view are the best, and still quiet at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katie F.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the resort, and thank you for being such a loyal guest. Your comments about your delay getting access to your room will be shared with the management team as well as your helpful suggestion for a call if the room will be late. We appreciate the feedback and will consider such a measure for future. Warm Regards!

Been to St. Regis, Monarch Beach? Share your experiences!