We just arrived at the St. Regis Monarch Beach and have been utterly dissapointed with their welcome. We arrived at around 3 pm and the check in line was long and messy. Our room wasn't ready and the lady who checked us in was like a robot, not even apologizing once. We went to the beach club to wait for our room which was nice. I liked the beach club. When we came back at 4 pm, only one of the rooms was ready (we booked a suite with a connecting room) and once again, the check in lady did not apologize once. My husband went to the concierge to ask for a golf tee time, and instead of arranging one, she gave my husband the phone and asked him to speak to the golf club himself.
When we got to the room, the 'executive suite' did not have a separate sitting area like we were promised during booking. It was more like a large deluxe room.
We tried to book the restaurant Michael Mina and the restaurant directly for a reservation at 7 pm, the hostess was really rude.
Our butler was really nice. His name was Che Duran and he was really helpful.
To sum things up, we are cutting our stay short and moving out tomorrow to another resort in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach