“Amazing Property” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington Heights
“Amazing Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The view, the staff, the service, the rooms. It is all top notch and well worth the price. I came here for business, but all I could think about was coming back with my wife. The perfect place to just relax and recharge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SRMB, Executive Offices at St. Regis, Monarch Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear TSPH02-
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us, we hope you come back soon and please bring your wife! We would delight in spoiling you both.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was my second stay at the Monarch Beach location and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. My husband and I stayed together while on vacation and then I extended my stay for work purposes. Both experiences exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed lunch at the Monarch Beach Club and the beach staff was very attentive in getting chairs etc. set up the way we preferred. The grounds are beautiful and all of the staff were informative and helpful. I had to laugh when they had our orchid replaced the third night we stayed because it was no longer up to standards.

Dear Stephanie K.
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review, we love sharing great reviews with our associates and will send your kudos with our beach club attendants and housekeeping staff. Please come back and stay with us again soon.
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the St Regis Monarch Beach for 5 nights. Overall, this property is lovely. The landscaping, decor, spacious rooms and amenities are beautiful as would be expected at a 5 star luxury property. The staff was friendly and accommodating. As others state, this resort does not sit right on the beach, however, I did find the view stunning. We didn't golf or try the StoneHill Tavern, however the course looked nice and we heard rave reviews about the restaurant.

The Pros:

Beautiful rooms and decor.
Highly recommend the 2 hour beach hike!!!
Sit on the patio and enjoy the view with cocktails, breakfast...

The Cons:

Shuttle to the beach resort took far too long and would be filled up. Then you get stuck waiting another 40 minutes. I missed one shuttle my group was on as it was filled up. My husband back at the resort missed the next one as it was filled up. We could not meet up for nearly an hour and finally, he skipped the beach. There should be 2 shuttles - one at the beach restaurant and one at the main hotel back and forth at all times.

Drinks at $18 - $20 per cocktail were weak. I live on South Beach. I understand this price range, however for this price the cocktails should be artesian and have good amounts of high quality liquor. The drinks at the lobby bar were basically 1 shot of gin in a tall ice filled glass for $18. The Classic Bloody Mary on the Bloody Mary menu was uninspiring. I do however recommend the Strawberry Lemonade at the pool - very refreshing.

One day the valet was so backed up that people were waiting 45 minutes for their cars. We only waited about 20 minutes or so but others were there much longer.

There was something missing in the overall vibe of the hotel. This may be one part Southern California laid back vibe but the other part is truly a lack of energy. Can't exactly describe it but felt a bit drab despite the beauty. Were the main areas missing a sound? A scent? I don't know but I have stayed at many, many luxury properties and this one just had something not quite in place.

Despite all of that, I would stay here again. Stunning hotel, take the hike, go to Laguna often. Car not necessary but would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear sobemama-
Thank you for your recent stay and your review of the property. We are pleased our amenities, surroundings, and expansive guestrooms were pleasing to you. Please come back to visit us again soon to experience Stonehill Tavern our Michael Mina restaurant as well as our award-winning Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course - as its one of only a few courses with ocean views directly from the holes!
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ah the benefits of being a Starwood member have been cashed in for the first time here at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point. I used points for a complimentary night for my wife’s birthday. I upgraded to an executive suite for an extra $170/night which was pretty cool.
We checked in a little earlier that 4pm and received our room without a problem. The valet was very nice and professional; we were greeted with a bottle of water as we waited in line at the front desk. While we were in the check in process the front desk was not aware of our upgraded stay, after a few minutes they had it all figured out which was great. The front desk staff was very nice and professional.
The bellman escorted us to our room which was one of the nicest rooms I have every stayed in. We were then called by the butler staff asking if they could come to the room and explain their services. They explained about the unpacking and packing services they offer complimentary as well as the French press coffee service. One other service they offer is free pressing of garments for guests in suites.
We went out to the pool for the afternoon which was beautiful and the weather matched the décor. This is definitely a luxury resort, and you do pay luxury prices for the food and drink. But we were expecting this due to the where we were. Our butler had set a reservation for us at the Monarch Beach club, which is the private restaurant for hotel guests and residence. We had a sunset dinner on the beach which I have to say was one of the best meals I have ever had. The server was aware that is was my wife’s birthday as we arrived and we were treated to an amazing complimentary dessert at the end of our meal. I will say again; you should be ready to pay for this experience if you are not used to this type of resort.
We retreated back to the room and there was an extra desert treat for my wife’s birthday. I had asked the butler staff to have a hot bath drawn for her as we arrived back to the room from dinner. This was not taken care even though it was confirmed by the staff via email. The only reason I bring this up is that I truly did not know how to use the service. This was one thing that I thought they would do and since I was paying for I figured “why not?”. We stayed in the room the rest of the night and enjoyed the room. My wife did end up taking a bath, oh and I did not mention this but the bath tub is pretty amazing in the suites.
Every staff member we came across was great. Our personal butler’s name was William. He was a very sweet and kind man that really enjoyed helping us out. I do not think he was aware of the request of the bath since I set that up with the staff member that contacted me via email. Over all I would come back if I had the chance. It is an amazingly beautiful resort with an excellent staff regardless of a little hiccup.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a poolview
Dear ledieff-
Thank you for your review of our resort and your recent stay. It was our pleasure to make your stay for your wife's birthday a special one. We apologize for the miscommunication on our part with regard to the hot bath, as this request can absolutely be accommodated. We hope you come back again soon to experience our five-star amenities and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel and property are beautiful, but when paying these prices for an executive suite I do expect more than 1 bottle of water per day, and for the bath amenities to be replenished during a 3 night stay. The butler service (Mitch and Alfredo especially) is spectacular, Ariel at the front desk, and the entire catering staff were fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SRMB, Executive Offices - SRMB at St. Regis, Monarch Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear COexec-
Thank you for the response and your recent stay with us. It is customary that all of our suite guests recieve a welcome amenity and complimentary butler service - inclusive of morning coffee and tea service, pressing of two garments, shoe shine and your own personal butler. These amenities are reserved exclusively for our suite guests. If you didn't recieve any of these amenieities please reach out to our Executive Offices at 949-234-3301.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Fabulous hotel with excellent service with everyone going over and beyond to ensure we have a perfect stay, especially Nevine Sadalla, the guest historian, the pool staff and the valets. The pool is fantastic, and the beach is easily accessible via shuttle or a brisk walk. The restaurant, StoneHill Tavern is excellent too. Overall, a great stay! Thank you to the hardworking staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SRMB, Executive Offices at St. Regis, Monarch Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear: Rbugblatter
Thank you for your kind words and recent stay with us. I will share your comments with our staff inluding Nevine, thank you for allowing us to make your stay extra special.

Please come back and visit us again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a "reward" for doing a mud run and it was the one of the best decisions we have ever made! This resort has breath taking views, excellent service and amazing restaurants. We were lucky enough to have the butler service and we were treated like stars. If you are considering staying here, I strongly suggest you book your reservation now!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Regis, Monarch Beach? Share your experiences!