I was here for a 4 night stay - all in all in was a pretty good stay. Things that stood out: 1. Great butler service, responsive, prompt, and professional, 2. Car valet: good crew, zippy and again professional, 3. Pool: great poolside service, wonderful that the kids pool is in a separate area, 4. Beach: Not easily accessible by foot but a wonderful stretch with an attached restaurant. Things that surprisingly did not meet the mark: 1. Shuttle to and from beach club: impossible (45 min) wait on more than one occasion, repeated calls to front desk to no avail, perplexing as the trip takes 5 minutes, no explanations from surly, delinquent-appearing driver, 2. uneven service from front desk: over-the-top effusiveness when you are dressed to the nines, snooty when you are not, 3. terrible accounts dept: I had an erroneous charge that was taken off at checkout but promptly put on my credit card as a separate item after I had left (huh?). Finally sorted out after multiple phone calls with accounts receivable staff whose phone etiquette probably needs detailed tweaking. All in all: a relaxing stay and wonderful property - I just wished that the service was warmer (I don't mean fawning and fake) and more sincere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean stands The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Crowned with the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Award, the resort delivers an experience beyond expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Starwood, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your St. Regis, Monarch Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach